Picked up the Denali today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KitchenMaven

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Absolutely love it!

Couple things:
I can’t get the hands free tail lift to work. There’s no projection with the key fob in hand. Tried all the troubleshooting. It’s turned on in the settings.
And I thought the sliding console was standard. I don’t have it. I also don’t seem to have the rear view mirror camera.

Are these typical things?
I picked up my 2021 Yukon Denali and it didn't have the slide console. The rear foot opener only worked when the sales guy did it!! I've never been able to get it to work. Mine's going back due to Lemon Law - the lifter issue- at 26,000 miles, failed twice, they had it for a total of five or so weeks... I don't trust that it's fixed, and now it pulls to the right just after getting it back from the dealer...

DenaliDrew

Reaction score
It's like a quick front kick directly toward the engine. Works every time but you have to have the key in your pocket.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you have the VIN right? The link still pulls my Window Sticker up, and I took delivery on Feb 11. If you think your vehicle is in transit, instead of searching the inventory site by VIN, search it by the color, trim level, interior color, and distance from your dealer’s zip code. Or just by the distance from your dealer (set it to like 5 miles). You should find it, unless your dealer ordered it sold, that may throw it off…

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you have the VIN right? The link still pulls my Window Sticker up, and I took delivery on Feb 11. If you think your vehicle is in transit, instead of searching the inventory site by VIN, search it by the color, trim level, interior color, and distance from your dealer’s zip code. Or just by the distance from your dealer (set it to like 5 miles). You should find it, unless your dealer ordered it sold, that may throw it off…
I wasn't sure if this was meant for me, but yes, I do have the VIN. When I enter it into the GMC site, it doesn't pull up my vehicle, but I do believe my salesman ordered it sold. I'm. not sure where to look at the workbench order to see that though. When I do the link with my VIN at the end, it just pulls up a blank page, as if a PDF were going to open, but it doesn't.

I'm so frustrated...I was warned that it could potentially sit at that Midlothian lot for months...and tomorrow will be already 2 weeks. I don't get it. Feel like maybe it's a sign I shouldn't get it and I should get something else instead...going on 7 months from my original order date...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this was meant for me, but yes, I do have the VIN. When I enter it into the GMC site, it doesn't pull up my vehicle, but I do believe my salesman ordered it sold. I'm. not sure where to look at the workbench order to see that though. When I do the link with my VIN at the end, it just pulls up a blank page, as if a PDF were going to open, but it doesn't.

I'm so frustrated...I was warned that it could potentially sit at that Midlothian lot for months...and tomorrow will be already 2 weeks. I don't get it. Feel like maybe it's a sign I shouldn't get it and I should get something else instead...going on 7 months from my original order date...
FWIW, my vehicle sat at the rail yard for 2.5 weeks before it made it to the dealer..has to do w/ availability of drivers.

OP
OP
D

Dillicious

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Turns out I just don't have the camera mirror which is fine by me. I also got a $400 credit for the console. I just need the parking sensors retrofitted later on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmsteve-1