Picked up my new 2016 Denali yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Range AFM in the mail this afternoon. Plugged it in and went for little drive. Wow, what a difference. Feels like it's supposed to now.

Dennis
Where'd you buy from? How much? And what's the story with servicing the truck...do you just pull it?

Sent from my DynaTac8000 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where'd you buy from? How much? And what's the story with servicing the truck...do you just pull it?

I ordered from Amazon so I could get it quickly. I think it was about $189. I took the truck back this morning for a tire balance issue and I just pulled it as I got out of the truck. They made my tire balance worse.

gary645

Reaction score
There is another way to disable Active Fuel Management in a truck with the 8 speed transmission. Shift the transmission into "M" mode and set the range to 7 or lower. In this mode the engine will stay in V8 and not switch to V4. This is great for non freeway driving. But, if you put the transmission into range 8, it will switch between V4 and V8. You can verify this by selecting the "miles to empty" view in the dash display.

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another way to disable Active Fuel Management in a truck with the 8 speed transmission. Shift the transmission into "M" mode and set the range to 7 or lower. In this mode the engine will stay in V8 and not switch to V4. This is great for non freeway driving. But, if you put the transmission into range 8, it will switch between V4 and V8. You can verify this by selecting the "miles to empty" view in the dash display.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered from Amazon so I could get it quickly. I think it was about $189. I took the truck back this morning for a tire balance issue and I just pulled it as I got out of the truck. They made my tire balance worse.
Cool thanks. Which one?

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20s on up respond well to road force balancing by a trained tech.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv