1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personalizing my PPV

Discussion in 'Police Package/Specialty Service Discussion' started by HeidiHoe, Jan 30, 2021.

1. HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe TYF Newbie

Name:
    George
    So I have also purchased a PPV Tahoe, a 2014 model with 88,000 km (now) on it and I will be pursuing 4 categories to make it my daily (in no particular order); 1) suspension, 2) drivetrain, 3) interior, and 4) exterior. Today I decided to try out a color, GM color dark cherry metallic. I pulled of the two side pieces above the taillights (low hanging fruit), washed, removed the reflective tape, and gave them a thorough wipe down with wax and grease remover. After that i lightly sanded them and applied a few coats of paint and then a few coats of clear. Turned out pretty good, given it was all rattle cans for this trial. I think this will be the color I will paint the entire vehicle with. The red is darker irl, I probably wont bother buffing the clearcoat as i will most likely be painting over these when i do the whole vehicle... whitepanels.jpg redpanels.jpg

Jason in DLH and Miami-Dade like this.
  2. HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe TYF Newbie

Name:
    George
    So I waited until it got above -20C (thats -4F for our southern friends) to re-install these two pieces. (are they called "sails" or something?) rightred.jpg leftred.jpg

Miami-Dade and Jason in DLH like this.
  3. Fubar0715

Fubar0715 Supporting Member

Name:
    Scott
    I am glad I scrolled up and read that you were planning on full re-paint cuz I was thinking the red "sails" looked odd....Kinda like the newer Esky rear lights that make it look like a hearse. I do like the color though!

Miami-Dade and HeidiHoe like this.
  4. kbuskill

kbuskill ***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!

Name:
    Ken
    D-pillar appliques.

Miami-Dade and HeidiHoe like this.
  5. Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH Cheeseburger and Fries

Name:
    Jason
    That will look great...excited to see the final result!

Miami-Dade likes this.
  6. HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe TYF Newbie

Name:
    George
    With temps dipping sub -30 for a few weeks and work I havent been able to do anything with Heidi... until today! I snagged a 2010 Tahoe hybrid that had a mechanical problem the owner was unable to resolve so I picked it up partially disassembled. I am planning on swapping the leather interior, door mirror, DIC etc into Heidi. There are many aluminum parts I might as well swap over as well. The hybrid nose is more streamlined (and supposedly improves the coefficient of drag by 0.03...pffft) but I'm not sure that I like it. I only got this shot before it got dark. HBtahoe.jpg

Tonyrodz, Miami-Dade and 1BADI5 like this.
  7. 1BADI5

1BADI5 Full Access Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Nice score on the hybrid donor truck!