Personalizing my PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeidiHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have also purchased a PPV Tahoe, a 2014 model with 88,000 km (now) on it and I will be pursuing 4 categories to make it my daily (in no particular order); 1) suspension, 2) drivetrain, 3) interior, and 4) exterior. Today I decided to try out a color, GM color dark cherry metallic. I pulled of the two side pieces above the taillights (low hanging fruit), washed, removed the reflective tape, and gave them a thorough wipe down with wax and grease remover. After that i lightly sanded them and applied a few coats of paint and then a few coats of clear. Turned out pretty good, given it was all rattle cans for this trial. I think this will be the color I will paint the entire vehicle with. The red is darker irl, I probably wont bother buffing the clearcoat as i will most likely be painting over these when i do the whole vehicle...whitepanels.jpg redpanels.jpg

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad I scrolled up and read that you were planning on full re-paint cuz I was thinking the red "sails" looked odd....Kinda like the newer Esky rear lights that make it look like a hearse. I do like the color though!

OP
OP
HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With temps dipping sub -30 for a few weeks and work I havent been able to do anything with Heidi... until today! I snagged a 2010 Tahoe hybrid that had a mechanical problem the owner was unable to resolve so I picked it up partially disassembled. I am planning on swapping the leather interior, door mirror, DIC etc into Heidi. There are many aluminum parts I might as well swap over as well. The hybrid nose is more streamlined (and supposedly improves the coefficient of drag by 0.03...pffft) but I'm not sure that I like it. I only got this shot before it got dark.HBtahoe.jpg

OP
OP
HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the long downtime, its been cold, and that pesky work stuff getting in the way... I have been trying to swap over door panels, trim, seats etc but had many delays as it was so cold out the door mounting points kept breaking. I have repaired the broken plastic mounting tabs and got all four door panels swapped over. I also got the power folding mirrors swap over but only the folding part works, not the in glass blinker nor the puddle lights. This will be a double issue as I dont know they were functioning before i swapped them over so figuring this out should be a treat. I am delighted that I now have a DIC and as there seems to be a standing order to post a DIC pic I shall comply :) It is, as suggested, a straight plug and play. I was able to scroll through all kinds of nifty info. I was not thrilled to see that the oil change I had done less that 30 km ago showed 51% of life remaining. Google told me how to resolve that :)

20210419_144732.jpg 20210419_150226.jpg 20210419_145145.jpg 20210419_150441.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
At the time I purchased the donor 2010 hybrid, I was unaware the 6.0L engine in it is/was an LY6 all aluminum engine. Aluminum block and heads and a VVT cam. The more I cannibalize it the more I am thinking of putting it back on the road... OR swap the LY6 into the PPV... or swap the LY6 into my 88 monte carlo ss... but I digress. I was delving into the donor to extract the center console and leather seats and noticed there is significant differences in the wiring going to the drivers seat between the two and it has stopped me cold. Does anyone know how far back I would have to pull open the PPV to get the heated leather seats hooked up and functioning? I know HPTuners will be need for a few things but I am not going to tear apart two vehicles to pull a harness or two. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

20210415_132117.jpg 20210415_131136.jpg 20210415_132321.jpg

OP
OP
HeidiHoe

HeidiHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When in for the oil change I had the guys give Heidi a good look underneath. Extensive heat cracks in the front rotors and thin pads on all four corners suggest her 88,000 kms werent gentle. I have new acdelco vented ppv rotors and ceramic pads which will probably go on tomorrow as frostbite will not be a looming threat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy

Latest posts