Performance on a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pun2310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone Im new to the forum. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali that I would to build it into a sleeper what I don’t know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone Im new to the forum. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali that I would to build it into a sleeper what I don’t know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Start in this section and read till your heart's content:

Especially the thread started by Randeez.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baseline the truck first. Make sure the driveline is ready for making lots of full power passes, differentials, transfer case, transmission, etc.

Search the forum for the build threads of at least these two guys: @randeez @67RS427

The Supercharger and tune will be your greatest bang for the buck. Then again, there's no replacement for... displacement!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Folks were not being funny, when they recommended that you read existing posts on what they have done to their trucks. That is the best way to familiarize yourself on what is possible, and what has been actually achieved.

What is your budget for your mods? The more horses that you want to add will results in larger costs. Not just for the performance equipment itself (like a supercharger), but also for upgrades to other existing components on your truck, in order to handle the additional horsepower without shredding those components.

A Black Bear Performance tune will cost you about $600, and this will make tune adjustments to your ECM and TCM. This is by far the biggest performance gain for the buck in that price range.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok funny guy
There’s like 20 different approaches, any of which will increase performance. You gotta figure out what works for you. Speed costs, how fast you wanna go? How fast can you afford to go? You like Jeff Bezos rich and wanna throw money at it? You wanna do the work yourself? You wanna pay someone to do it for you? I mean sheesh dude we need more data to spend your money for you buddy…
I wasn’t trying to be funny. Seriously set aside some time and get to studying… there’s like 6-8 guys in here that have done what you’re looking to do that have extremely well documented build threads. But try to remember at the end of the day it’s a 6400lb brick shaped suv. Your money would be way better spent elsewhere if you’re looking for performance….

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645