Performance on a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baseline the truck first. Make sure the driveline is ready for making lots of full power passes, differentials, transfer case, transmission, etc.

Search the forum for the build threads of at least these two guys: @randeez @67RS427

The Supercharger and tune will be your greatest bang for the buck. Then again, there's no replacement for... displacement!
where has @67RS427 been :secret:

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it your daily? Can you park it for 4 months while you do the work? How much cash you got? Are the parts you need even gonna be in stock during this supply chain crisis? How much of the work can you do yourself? What’s your skill set? You looking for handling or straight line speed? What’s in it now? 5.3, 4L60E, 3:42? What are your rpo codes in the glove box? Cmon man we can help just point which direction you wanna go…

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where has @67RS427 been :secret:
Hope he's not locked up somewhere after watching some of his videos on youtube!
Is it your daily? Can you park it for 4 months while you do the work? How much cash you got? Are the parts you need even gonna be in stock during this supply chain crisis? How much of the work can you do yourself? What’s your skill set? You looking for handling or straight line speed? What’s in it now? 5.3, 4L60E, 3:42? What are your rpo codes in the glove box? Cmon man we can help just point which direction you wanna go…
That would be an AWD 6.2 L92 with the 6-speed. All Yukon Denalis in 2007 were AWD. Ok, now someone is going to join the forum with a unicorn RWD 2007 Denali! LOL

OP
OP
pun2310

pun2310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I can park while it gets worked on. I’m looking for straight line speed. It’s a 6.2 376. I know you guys can help and I really appreciate all this I really do.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I can park while it gets worked on. I’m looking for straight line speed. It’s a 6.2 376. I know you guys can help and I really appreciate all this I really do.
And, we respect it when folks who come here looking for help take the time to read the links we offer and answer the questions people are asking them. The price of help is doing your part to research what's here for you already. There's a ton of knowledge and experience in the heads of the people who've already responded to you. The more you put in, the more you will get back.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly want to get at least close to 10s in a 1/4 mile
twin turbos it is then, good luck, better go read up on Randeez thread and be prepared to go thru a lot.
if you are serious, then my first suggestion is to yank out anything you do not need in the truck airbags, seat belts, door panels, seats, carpet, headliner, you name it if it's not critical remove it because weight, lower it as low it can go because aerodynamics.
that's a start, basically the entire drivetrain is going to need to be upgraded or replaced because at that level everything breaks
shaving those 3-5 seconds off is going to cost a lot

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
There’s like 20 different approaches, any of which will increase performance. You gotta figure out what works for you. Speed costs, how fast you wanna go? How fast can you afford to go? You like Jeff Bezos rich and wanna throw money at it? You wanna do the work yourself? You wanna pay someone to do it for you? I mean sheesh dude we need more data to spend your money for you buddy…
I wasn’t trying to be funny. Seriously set aside some time and get to studying… there’s like 6-8 guys in here that have done what you’re looking to do that have extremely well documented build threads. But try to remember at the end of the day it’s a 6400lb brick shaped suv. Your money would be way better spent elsewhere if you’re looking for performance….
X2, well said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum