Performance on a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5600 lb SUV and you want to get close to 10's....

A maggie/whipple installed is about 7-8 k installed and about 120 hp....Long way from 8-900 HP.....

Your ambitious....

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hello everyone Im new to the forum. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali that I would to build it into a sleeper what I don’t know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions.
I see posts like this all the time and only 1% of the time the OP will actually get things done. Watch this be another one of those treads, lol

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the OP is serious about this build and 10 second goal but I can tell you it is possible for sure if you have the will and power (money too lol)... Probably an easy $15-$20k if you do most of the work yourself. Easily $10k into the motor build, a solid $5k into the 6L80 build, maybe $7k if you count a good Circle D converter and a second rebuild after you blow it from learning from your mistakes. The guys here are about right that you will need about 800-1,000hp at the crank to achieve your 10 second goal which is what I did as well.

Like the others have said, we need to know if you are doing the work yourself or paying a shop as that makes a big difference. If you can R & R a transmission and the engine, it would save you a ton of money that can be dumped into other things like fuel system and suspension. Lots of help around here if you know what questions to ask and answer some of the ones posted already.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm still around and will hopefully get some content up soon...

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Not sure if the OP is serious about this build and 10 second goal but I can tell you it is possible for sure if you have the will and power (money too lol)... Probably an easy $15-$20k if you do most of the work yourself. Easily $10k into the motor build, a solid $5k into the 6L80 build, maybe $7k if you count a good Circle D converter and a second rebuild after you blow it from learning from your mistakes. The guys here are about right that you will need about 800-1,000hp at the crank to achieve your 10 second goal which is what I did as well.

Like the others have said, we need to know if you are doing the work yourself or paying a shop as that makes a big difference. If you can R & R a transmission and the engine, it would save you a ton of money that can be dumped into other things like fuel system and suspension. Lots of help around here if you know what questions to ask and answer some of the ones posted already.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm still around and will hopefully get some content up soon...
You hit the nail on the head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd