Performance Exhaust/Option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcw495

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon SLT has a TPW of 1/23/2022 so it's coming up pretty soon and my dealer just informed me that the performance exhaust is red listed (no longer available to order) either through the factory orders or via the parts department.

Has anyone else heard the same or any info about whether it may come back as an option?

I love the sound of the performance exhaust and not sure how good the standard exhaust sounds (order the 5.3L), so that might be a deal breaker for me.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon SLT has a TPW of 1/23/2022 so it's coming up pretty soon and my dealer just informed me that the performance exhaust is red listed (no longer available to order) either through the factory orders or via the parts department.

Has anyone else heard the same or any info about whether it may come back as an option?

I love the sound of the performance exhaust and not sure how good the standard exhaust sounds (order the 5.3L), so that might be a deal breaker for me.
You just buy the exhaust direct from Borla which is the supplier to GM or you can buy the Corsa system whichever you prefer. Lots of threads on this with video of the sound also. And you will also save money as GM marks this system up alot,

EducatorDan

Reaction score

As said above it's a Borla Exhaust, watch some of the videos of installations of Borla products on YouTube, if you've got enough DIY skills to assemble IKEA furniture you could do the Borla. It's a bolt up system.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust sound is louder in 23 Tahoe vs 23 Suburban with same 6.2L motors, while exhaust note in the same Suburban is deeper than the same Tahoe.. prolly due to the overall length of the system/pipes. Tahoe seems much louder on cold morning warmups until RPMs drop, at first I almost thought it accidentally came with the OEM performance exhaust.. was reaching for the window sticker before the RPMs dropped and went quiet, LOL !!

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As others have said the GM system is a Borla but check older threads cause I thought it was a little different than stock Borla. There is a stock Borla (lowest level of sound) that is almost identical if I remember correctly, but has one small difference that helps eliminate drone. I might be remembering this wrong, just research it here in old posts before you buy.

Btw, I have the GM Borla with a 6.2 and it’s perfect for me. Quiet when I need quiet, and nice rumble to thunder when I step on it.