Performance Exhaust GM part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrotriX

Reaction score
Interesting… I contacted Borla about GM part 19433760 and they said it was more like touring.

iamlegion

Reaction score
Which system did you end up going with? I wish there were more installs/videos of the GMPP system.

BrotriX

Reaction score
Which system did you end up going with? I wish there were more installs/videos of the GMPP system.
Not sure if you were asking me or someone else… but I went with the GM performance exhaust ultimately (84460754) but briefly had the Borla exhaust (19433760). The Borla system was too aggressive for me and the fam. I still have the Borla exhaust if you’re interested.

iamlegion

Reaction score
Yep you. How do you like the GM system? Do you have a video of it?

I have the long wheelbase version on the way, just curious what it sounds like. It’s hard to find people with the actual GMPP version - everyone on the internet just calls it the “GM borla system” which is the other flavor they sell on the accessories site (without the resonators).

Thank you on the Borla offer, but I have an XL and also have yearly 2,500+ mi road trips with the family so I can’t drive them nuts either. I just want to hear it when I step on it. The GM oem system is inaudible all but after startup…

BrotriX

Reaction score
Yep you. How do you like the GM system? Do you have a video of it?

I have the long wheelbase version on the way, just curious what it sounds like. It’s hard to find people with the actual GMPP version - everyone on the internet just calls it the “GM borla system” which is the other flavor they sell on the accessories site (without the resonators).

Thank you on the Borla offer, but I have an XL and also have yearly 2,500+ mi road trips with the family so I can’t drive them nuts either. I just want to hear it when I step on it. The GM oem system is inaudible all but after startup…
I like the GM system a lot. The only time my wife hassles me is on cold starts when the kids are asleep. As others have said. It is louder on cold starts and then quiets down pretty quickly. It sounds better than stock and I think the exhaust tips look good too.

I do have a few very short videos on my phone, but I’m not sure how to upload them. It only offers to let me attach photos.

I found this video to be helpful. Although not exactly exactly our system.

iamlegion

Reaction score
I like the GM system a lot. The only time my wife hassles me is on cold starts when the kids are asleep. As others have said. It is louder on cold starts and then quiets down pretty quickly. It sounds better than stock and I think the exhaust tips look good too.

I do have a few very short videos on my phone, but I’m not sure how to upload them. It only offers to let me attach photos.

I found this video to be helpful. Although not exactly exactly our system.

Thank you sir. Just closing the loop in case anyone else stumbles onto this thread since I installed mine.

That video is pretty accurate - the truck and SUV have slightly different exhausts stock/GMPP on the 6.2 but that video is the most accurate as to the GMPP system sound on the SUVs.

It's definitely tame even on cold startup especially compared to any aftermarket. Very deep and throaty - not as loud or in your face as the Corsa systems. No drone at any speed I've found yet. When you stand on the gas like in the videos it wakes up and sounds good. It's much deeper than it is loud so anyone going for a more family friendly will like it. The only behavioral change is with the stock exhaust when you roll on the throttle or even stand on it over 55 you can't hear anything but with this system rolling lightly on the gas over 55 you get a nice deep note. I think the revised resonators doing their thing there to let some character through. I haven't gone up any long uphill mountain grades (but will soon) to know if it'll get old uphill but I suspect it will be fine. For me drone is an obnoxious resonance at a certain speed/throttle combination that reverberates where this is just a "hey I'm here if you give it some gas" sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019