People flashing their brights at me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not doing anything out of the ordinary, and all my exterior lights are operational, so I assume it is because they incorrectly think I have my high beams on? Is this a full size truck thing or do my headlights possibly need an aiming adjustment?? It seems to be a recurring issue and is getting a bit annoying!
Same thing has been happening to me! I know for a fact that my high beams are not on, so I think it's just the brightness of the LEDs as others have mentioned

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has only happened once to me since July. I would do as others have said and check light output on garage door. It's very likely they need to be adjusted. Quality control is severely lacking with this 1st year model.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modern LED lights are very bright. Most people, especially those driving older vehicles with halogen based headlights are not accustomed to how bright the newer LED lights are. People flashing their high beams at you are probably doing so thinking your big beams are on even when they’re not.

This, plus the fact your SUV sits high and the headlights are most likely pointed directly into a sedan drivers line of sight.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that it makes quite a difference if the vehicle is empty, just the driver, or back seats occupied with a load in the rear. Some passengers are max load and drop the rear enough to make headlights objectionable to air traffic.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in South Florida and do a good bit of driving on surface streets at night and I'm not even exaggerating when I say this happens to me almost everyday without question. It's 100% because the lights are just so much brighter and people in the smaller cars are sitting lower.

I just make sure I show them my high beams to get the point across and I almost actually look forward to it happening everyday now.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad this isn't just happening to me. I'm not going to bother trying to adjust the headlights. Sounds like this is mostly happening to Tahoe owners, the tahoe headlights appear to sit slightly higher than the Yukon.

kybob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it’s happening very often, they are likely aimed too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk