People flashing their brights at me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We live in an area with a lot of hills and the approach angle at intersections allows some vehicles to squat while waiting at signals.

Our 2002 Audi allroad has sensors that dip the HID headlights on grade. Manufactures in the US allow vehicles with 6K brightness LED systems no strategy for protecting surrounding drivers from spotlighting them with lumens equivalent to sunlight.

Even though our Escalade has the LED package, I don’t ignore that it’s blinding the shit out of others. I gladly dim the beams to parking lights until I leave intersections that jack light into oncoming drivers. If Jeff Gordon or Hans Stuck said **** em if my headlights blind other drivers, they’d be laughed out of the racing world.

0d4baf76f2ac3b295ecd9490e5dc1125.jpg

I can acknowledge the frustration and lack of technology to dip the LED beams that blind surrounding drivers, but gotta call muster on the behavior and gratifying attitude it ***** with other drivers vision. If that’s just sarcasm being posted, these comments are too.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hans Stuck...... I met him at the Long Beach Grand Prix ( 1978?).... He drove an Audi Quatro in the Trans Am race..... An AMAZING driver !!!!

iCajun

Reaction score
Surprising how many of what appear to be new SUV types with LED's that are aimed way high. On hazy mornings I can obviously see their low-beam cutoff going over my roof. Yes they are blinding.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprising how many of what appear to be new SUV types with LED's that are aimed way high. On hazy mornings I can obviously see their low-beam cutoff going over my roof. Yes they are blinding.

Now days, people ASSUME their headlights are adjusted properly. The fact headlights are adjustable, only tells me dealerships ( even new purchased cars ), may had never been checked before sending the new car on the street.

OP
OP
Dustin Mustangs

Dustin Mustangs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FWIW, I finally talked to a dealer about this and the service dude was adamant that they are not adjustable on the Tahoe. I have not looked for myself but I find this pretty hard to believe.

He did say they burn in a bit and are extra bright when brand new. I have not been flashed in quite a while so that might of been my problem.

Brantley847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not doing anything out of the ordinary, and all my exterior lights are operational, so I assume it is because they incorrectly think I have my high beams on? Is this a full size truck thing or do my headlights possibly need an aiming adjustment?? It seems to be a recurring issue and is getting a bit annoying!
I know I’m resurrecting this thread from the dead about a year past but I came looking for any resolution as well.

2021 Yukon and anytime driving past 8pm and we probably get other drivers flashing at us 3-4 times per drive home. With the recent time change, I suspect it will be much worse.

Curious if you found a good resolution.

Brantley847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in South Florida and do a good bit of driving on surface streets at night and I'm not even exaggerating when I say this happens to me almost everyday without question. It's 100% because the lights are just so much brighter and people in the smaller cars are sitting lower.

I just make sure I show them my high beams to get the point across and I almost actually look forward to it happening everyday now.
Lol… same. It’s daily.

My only concern is the ole lady drives the cars with the kids and there is a mild fear of some lunatic spazzing out. For me, I’ve started to find humor when I get to blast them back with the real highs.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I’m resurrecting this thread from the dead about a year past but I came looking for any resolution as well.

2021 Yukon and anytime driving past 8pm and we probably get other drivers flashing at us 3-4 times per drive home. With the recent time change, I suspect it will be much worse.

Curious if you found a good resolution.
Your 2021 has LED front lighting. They’re bright as heck even on the lowbeam setting. I doubt there’s anything that can be done, as gm designed the new headlights to perform this way to keep up with the latest LED lighting tech, and because they were way behind the curve in several of the previous gen rigs where the front lighting is concerned.

Brantley847

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your 2021 has LED front lighting. They’re bright as heck even on the lowbeam setting. I doubt there’s anything that can be done, as gm designed the new headlights to perform this way to keep up with the latest LED lighting tech, and because they were way behind the curve in several of the previous gen rigs where the front lighting is concerned.
And no way to adjust the projection alignment? Not the end of the world, if not but figured it was worth an ask. They do look great and the housing on both the Tahoe and Yukon look very clean.

iCajun

Reaction score
I don't have a 2021 but there are lots of adjustment videos out there. I have Hella hid's on 3 vehicles and set them a couple degrees low so I don't blind others while topping hills.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I finally talked to a dealer about this and the service dude was adamant that they are not adjustable on the Tahoe. I have not looked for myself but I find this pretty hard to believe.

He did say they burn in a bit and are extra bright when brand new. I have not been flashed in quite a while so that might of been my problem.
It looks like the same adjustment screw is available on the Tahoe/Suburban headlight as what's shown in the above video for adjusting the '19-'21 Silverado. The first picture is from the video showing where he did the adjustment and the second picture is under the hood of a '21 Tahoe.

Silverado_HL_Adj.jpg

Tahoe_HL_Adj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64