People flashing their brights at me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Mustangs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not doing anything out of the ordinary, and all my exterior lights are operational, so I assume it is because they incorrectly think I have my high beams on? Is this a full size truck thing or do my headlights possibly need an aiming adjustment?? It seems to be a recurring issue and is getting a bit annoying!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not doing anything out of the ordinary, and all my exterior lights are operational, so I assume it is because they incorrectly think I have my high beams on? Is this a full size truck thing or do my headlights possibly need an aiming adjustment?? It seems to be a recurring issue and is getting a bit annoying!
Have you parked facing a wall or your garage door and measured your light height?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife tells me that where she’s from they flash high beams to alert that there is a officer up ahead... I usually flash mine when you’re blinding me.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife tells me that where she’s from they flash high beams to alert that there is a officer up ahead... I usually flash mine when you’re blinding me.
Yeah - They do that around here as well, but I'm like you in that usually I'll only do it if the folks are blinding me.

OP
OP
Dustin Mustangs

Dustin Mustangs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you parked facing a wall or your garage door and measured your light height?

I have not. I can’t find a procedure on how to properly adjust them. The manual says to have a dealer do it but my dealer is an absolute mess and I generally try to avoid them if possible.

OP
OP
Dustin Mustangs

Dustin Mustangs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Yes, that is somewhat common in this area as well so I am familiar with how that typically works. These are definitely not courtesy flashes though, some are even just turning their high beams on and leaving them on as apposed to flashing them.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When they do that turn your high beams on for a second, then off again. That way they'll know yours are not normally on high.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modern LED lights are very bright. Most people, especially those driving older vehicles with halogen based headlights are not accustomed to how bright the newer LED lights are. People flashing their high beams at you are probably doing so thinking your big beams are on even when they’re not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons