Peddlers front lowering springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bull78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Merry Christmas folks,
I have a 2008 tahoe I’m looking to lower the front. With Pedders 2.33” sport lowering springs. Any of you use them, how’s the ride? I have McGauhys springs to lower the rear 2-3”.
Thanks J-

6DDE6962-B609-4D47-B10D-2B63B430B62E.jpeg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2" Belltech spindles will give you the best ride PERIOD. It keeps your suspension stock and just moves the hub up 2"

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve considered drop spindles, not a fan of cutting the lower ball joint bolt.

There's NOTHING wrong with cutting the end of the ball joint. All you're doing is cutting off the excess threads. Just like tightening a nut on to a bolt and cutting off the excess bolt. it's done all the time and there's really no reason it needs to be that long in the first place. People cut them all the time...

However, if you don't want to cut it, I would consider 2 things. How old are your current shocks? If you need new shocks now/soon, just get the Bilstien adjustable shocks and use your current springs. If you have new/good shocks, then you just need new drop springs.

I'm not sure how many people have gone with Peddlers, as most people on this forum use Belltech. Maybe someone who has them can chime in.

OP
OP
Bull78

Bull78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan. Don’t you have to use a thinner nut also? Shocks front and rear are about 6 months old.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan. Don’t you have to use a thinner nut also? Shocks front and rear are about 6 months old.

The nut comes with the spindle, but yes it's a little thinner. And yeah if you don't do spindles, do springs.

Normally its

Spindles > Struts > Springs

But +90% of people will do spindles even with trimming the ball joint over anything else. It keeps the ride 100% stock.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually using Pedders front coils. Well, I will be. I'm installing them this week.

I have Pedders coils, BT spindles, BT struts, BT alignment bushings, MOOG upper control arms and OE GM lower control arms.
I think the coils are a 2.5" drop. I'm going to add one more shim to the struts to compensate for that 1/2".
I also have BT cam plates but, I'm holding off on them until I get an alignment to make sure everything is in spec with the alignment bushings.

My goal is 4/6 or lower. I also have all new rear set up as well with Tony's 6 rear coils.

I'm looking to keep the firm ride of the PPV but low:)

Its true though, most use BT. I decided on Pedders because they supposedly provided all Chevy's with there suspension components for there early PPV models. When I first got mine it handled extremely well for such a big brick. Now with 213k miles, its shot and desperately needs a freshening up. I'll update or start a thread as soon as I start. Family is in town now, so I'm looking to start either tomorrow or Thursday.

OP
OP
Bull78

Bull78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan, guess I've got something to think about. 992dr, looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on beltech 2" spindles only threads I cut was upper ball joint ones ..lower one stays as is and still able to remove bottom ball joint to replace cv axle with no problemsd83bf71041051ca6aa54a60b40416320.jpg
cf45cd97563d93efd9632b753c0bf27c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

juan84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot unless your under 20"u will have to cut bottom bj

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo