Passengers side rear window shattered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc00ter_17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this happened today. I moved my Yahoe outside to get my lawnmower out. While mowing I looked over and see glass all over the driveway. Your thinking what I was thinking, did something get kicked out from the mower hit the window? I don't think so. Odd thing is that the glass looks to be pushing out of the vehicle. There is s horizontal crack across the entire glass. Also the rear trim looks to be pushing out, where most of the glass popped off. Has anyone ever seen this? Thoughts on getting it fixed?1dd4edf90f7ccf56156bda331fa62368.jpg7702bee73f00334fc67b3b9eec41ae20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have broke car windows from the lawnmower before, the glass in your photo appears to have been broken from the outside, so even if you didn't see it or hear it happen doesn't mean it didn't happen, the only thing holding it together is the tint. any glass shop can replace it but they may have to order it

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that has the FM ant luckily it does not "cost extra"

also there could have been a scratch in the Glass
tempered glass tends to explode from "imperfections" as those are a weak spot

google "exploding oven glass"

I looked at my glass there is some flex/bending on the glass on mine so the are "primed to explode"

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's surprisingly easy to break auto glass. A small, jagged quartz pebble kicked up by the mower would easily be enough to break/spiderweb the glass. I won't describe it here, but there is a readily-available material that thieves use for smash and grabs. Small as a pebble, thrown by hand, virtually guaranteed to break side or rear glass. Possession is actually illegal in some states that have classified it as "burglary tools."

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's surprisingly easy to break auto glass. A small, jagged quartz pebble kicked up by the mower would easily be enough to break/spiderweb the glass. I won't describe it here, but there is a readily-available material that thieves use for smash and grabs. Small as a pebble, thrown by hand, virtually guaranteed to break side or rear glass. Possession is actually illegal in some states that have classified it as "burglary tools."
they have those window breaker tools as well

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this happened today. I moved my Yahoe outside to get my lawnmower out. While mowing I looked over and see glass all over the driveway. Your thinking what I was thinking, did something get kicked out from the mower hit the window? I don't think so. Odd thing is that the glass looks to be pushing out of the vehicle. There is s horizontal crack across the entire glass. Also the rear trim looks to be pushing out, where most of the glass popped off. Has anyone ever seen this? Thoughts on getting it fixed?1dd4edf90f7ccf56156bda331fa62368.jpg7702bee73f00334fc67b3b9eec41ae20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

DIY man!

Starts at about 4 minutes, 20 seconds:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7