Passenger side folding Mirror issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So our passenger side power folding mirror quit power folding about 2-3weeks after we purchased our "New" to us 09 yukon. It really wasn't too big of an issue till the wife got concerned that when the mirror tilted down for reverse it started stuttering also. So while the dealership was replacing a brake switch that wouldn't let the vehicle shift out park I asked them to check the mirror also. Of course they said it needed a new mirror at $376.71 + $158.00 to install it. Im confident enough that I can replace the mirror that I decided nope not gonna pay that kinda money. So a friend of mine owns a wrecking yard and needed some plumbing work so I fixed the plumbing in exchange for a mirror. Install only took about 30-45 minutes. Most of that time was the clips for the 3 10mm bolts for the door panel kept falling down. So everything is great power folding works again. HOWEVER the wife comes back home from the grocery stor eand informs me that it doesn't tilt when put in reverse anymore (on the passenger side only) so now I'm confused. They are both DL3 mirrors but do have some different numbers on the labels. I'm going to attach some photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the original mirror on the yuk from the factory.
image-4.jpg

This is the wrecking yard mirror.
image-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite

Latest posts