Pass Carpet is Wet.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been chasing this leak for a month now. I have pulled the seats and center console to inspect. I have sealed up the access panel above the fresh air intake port, under the cowl panel. I sat there with a water hose and poured water into the cowl area for about 30 mins and no leak. Went to the car wash just now and hit the middle of the windshield and below with water and it leaked inside. It’s coming from behind the foam pad, somewhere in the middle of the firewall. I can’t yank up the gray padding/foam easily to check. Getting tempted to cut it out as I’m starting to get frustrated.

-Not heater core, fresh water coming in from outside.
-AC drip hole it not clogged.
-poured water with hose under cowl area and couldn’t duplicate leak
-hit middle of windshield and below with water at car wash and fresh water trail behind foam pads.

IM out of ideas. Dont want to have windshield replaced unless its a last resort. It was replaced 2 years ago so I’m thinking it may not have sealed properly.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Some shops have a noise source tool that is basically a pointed microphone and they can use air pressure outside and follow the w/s seam and the microphone will pick up if the air is coming thru at that seam. I would still be more inclined to think it is coming from the cowl area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts