Painted Rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how did u do this high rollin !!! i want to do this to mine we have the same set up as u know haha

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
looks good!! I remember when I did the new purple on mine I used a black primer and it looked SICK!!
definitely do the center cap and like clean95 said they pop out just do light coats though because its so rounded it will just run

or do something creative :)
IMG_8981.jpg

OP
OP
highrollin113

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
i like the way you did yours kasey, i am actually doing them right now and should be done tomorrow and i will post pics, as for the process i degreased and dewaxed with cleaner, then sanded with 400 grit, then cleaned again, then adhesive promoter, then self etching primer, then primer, then paint then clear. i think they look good, i popped out the centre caps and left chrome for now, but i think i might try and paint the boss black to match

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Do you have to use a special paint? Or simple as just spray paint? I was thinking about doing this to some chrome rims I wanna buy but dont know if I'd mess it up or not..
Would it be better to take it to a painter in town or?

pats hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Self etching primer is the key,then honestly ive used everything .My latest is rustoleums textured black for my 20's,since i lifted it back up i want an aggressive look and instead of flat or gloss i did light texture look.CHIP RESISTANT.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really good ryan. I wanna see the whole thing done. bumpers, grille, side mouldings, rims, all of it.. lol.... Looking good though.. ( i seem to always miss your threads)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700