P0455 Evap hose PN's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wonderbread24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've owned my 2011 Yukon XL for about a month now and have been checking off my list of things that need to be fixed. One of those has been chasing a P0455 code.

I was able to get a smoke machine hooked up this morning and found my issues. Multiple holes in the evap hoses (See pics). I looked on the hoses where visible but I didn't see any part numbers. I check a few GM Parts sites but none of them list the hoses that go in between the purge valve and the charcoal canister where my leaks are.

A little bit of googling found this but I'm not sure 100% that this is what I need.

Edit: copied wrong link.

Edit#2: Could I just cut out the bad parts and splice in new hose?

Attachments

• IMG_20220324_101701.jpg
    IMG_20220324_101701.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220324_101707.jpg
    IMG_20220324_101707.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220324_103705.jpg
    IMG_20220324_103705.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not replace the whole thing? The vent and hose assembly is pretty cheap and a 10 minute job.

OP
OP
W

Wonderbread24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not replace the whole thing? The vent and hose assembly is pretty cheap and a 10 minute job.
The hose with the holes in it goes from the charcoal canister to the purge solenoid next to the intake. You can't just buy that hose individually. It's part of the whole evap assembly so I'd have to purchase all the hoses for the evap.

Luckily for me I was able to just cut that section out (about a foot) and replace it with heater hose. After clearing the code and letting the DTC complete the code has not returned.

I wish a rear main seal was that easy. Just discovered my water pump is leaking tonight too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned my 2011 Yukon XL for about a month now and have been checking off my list of things that need to be fixed. One of those has been chasing a P0455 code.

I was able to get a smoke machine hooked up this morning and found my issues. Multiple holes in the evap hoses (See pics). I looked on the hoses where visible but I didn't see any part numbers. I check a few GM Parts sites but none of them list the hoses that go in between the purge valve and the charcoal canister where my leaks are.

A little bit of googling found this but I'm not sure 100% that this is what I need.

Plug your VIN in here and then type in "Vapor" and select everything and over to the right click "display parts" and have a look.

Yes, you could replace with rubber but the new stuff is pex or plastic and will last much longer.

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thanks for pics of other possible trouble areas. I would only patch if I was tight on funds and parts would cut into beer money or if there was an extended waiting period for parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper