P0446 Check Engine Light code......again:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I do alot of reading on these forums, although I don't post much, I take away alot of good info but I think I may at an impasse here.

Since feb of this year I have had the check engine light on with a P0446 code. Recently I read on this site and others to change out solenoid valves, or the canisters, or maybe even the filler tube. There is so much conflicting info I am not sure what to follow.

However, I did try one remedy last weekend by replacing the Vapor purge canister solenoid, ACDELCO Part # 2142149. The odd thing is when I got underneath the truck, it already had that part. It did not have the bracket that was recommended to go with it for $70 dollars, and subsequently had been ziptied to the frame. So i replaced it with a new canister and not even a week later the check engine light came back on with the same code.

Any thoughts or help on troubleshooting this issue?

OP
OP
C

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No one can help me with this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Caliptix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really could use some guidance here. I don't have the money to bring this in to be fixed. Since I replaced the Vapor canister purge solenoid, should I try and replace the canister purge solenoid valve AC Delco part# 214-646? I heard that it could also be the temperature valve sensor or hopefully not, a short in the wire somewhere?

BubZX

Reaction score
I believe that is usually the culprit with that code. Its around $20 for the part. Post back with ur results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz