P0332 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I replaced my intake gaskets over thanksgiving holiday. I also replaced both knock sensors and the harness. Everything was fine for about a week. Then I started getting the 0332 code it would illuminate the engine light at different rpms. Sometimes it would trip just under normal driving sometimes under high rpm. I cleaned the mass air flow sensor have ran two tanks of 93 octane fuel through it. My water pump started leaking couple days ago but the engine never ran hot by the gauge at least. Had the pump replaced today was driving home and the light tripped again. Is it a faulty sensor?? I hate to pull the intake again especially so soon after doing the gaskets but I’m at a loss. Forgot to mention it’s an 02 with the 5.3.

OP
OP
Crcz71

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is bad. Man this sucks. Was hoping that it wouldn’t be.

jujaku

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have similar issue.
i replaced intake manifold gasket by myself but didn't invest $$$ on new knock sensor and harness.
truck ran fine after replacing gasket.
a week later, i put some "once for a year" injector cleaner
few days later, chck engine light is on for low voltage on both knock sensors.
thought it could be gas or injector cleaner in gas, so burn more fuel and filled with 93 octane. still have the light.
realize the truck is on "economy tune by superchip, so brought it back to stock.
while go back to stock tune, check engine light went away but it came back.
it has been little over a month.
i just really don't want to tear it apart for just stupid sensor and harness.
btw, truck runs fine and i do not believe there is knocking/pinging sound but my ear is not a mechanic and honestly, i do not know how to distinguish it.

question1:how can you tell if the sensor is bad or actually knocking?
question: can i reuse the new gasket (1~2 months old) when i go for new knock sensor?

OP
OP
Crcz71

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not going to chance it on the gaskets. Ordered all new stuff again. This time though I went with ac Delco knock sensors.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iquestion1:how can you tell if the sensor is bad or actually knocking?

A Tech2 can tell you exactly which codes is thrown and then you can determine why. I have read about, but not investigated further, some people relocating the knock sensors to the outside of the block or heads. You could do that and may need to adjust the computer to read them differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman