Oxygen Sensors!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When to change them? Have had check engine lights on my other cars and have changed them but no lights or anything in the Yukon.... Was thinking about changing them????????????????

Any benefits to this?? Such as MPG increase??????????

bring on the opinions please :hands:

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

4 views to this and no one knows about them??

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I think i am correct on this... but im pretty sure this holds true in most, if not ALL, vehicles...

there is no need to change an O2 sensor untill it has gone out, its one of those things that is either working or it isnt... if you are so inclined to just change them out so that you dont have the headache of fixing the problem at an inopertune moment, by all means, but i do not think changing one or more is going to help you out at all mechanicly if they are still working

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
I agree to that as well, how they advertise them you would think you are saving the earth and gaining MPG's but i dont think you will do either until one or more fails. Save your money.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
How many miles are on your truck and how has it been running as of late? Plugs and wires ever changed?

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just hit 150K changed wires and plugs and put intake and exhaust on, switched over to full synthetic in all fluids (in the last 3 months) except front diff so far and get about 14.5 MPG..... Just want to see if I can get any better gas mileage.... The O2 sensors look stock

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Believe it or not, changing the O2 sensors is not necessarily a waste of money, especially with your mileage. Most people do not change them until they get a check engine light for it. Over time, the O2 sensor tips get caked up, kinda like a spark plug, from normal wear and use, and like spark plugs, their performance can deteriorate. If you don't mind spending the coin and can change them yourself, I say go for it. You will more than likely notice a gain in MPG by changing them out. All you need is an O2 sensor socket and a little patience. Good Luck.

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good info thanks... I already got the O2 sensor socket as I have changed many many of these... and I dont mind spending the coin even if it will only give me 1MPG it is worth it in the long run...

My motto is take care of your car and it will take care of you

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
good info thanks... I already got the O2 sensor socket as I have changed many many of these... and I dont mind spending the coin even if it will only give me 1MPG it is worth it in the long run...

My motto is take care of your car and it will take care of you

i agree with your motto... keep us posted on your progress, im curious to see if there is any benifits and how easy/hard the task was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove