Overhead DVD player died, want to replace w/ PKG-RSE2, best way to cover huge hole?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brasskey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe which has a stock overhead DVD player (no sunroof). The DVD player recently died, so I started looking to replace it. I have always wanted to get a new head unit (still have the factory player) and a larger overhead monitor so why not now. But, since the factory overhead unit has the huge plastic housing, I can't just swap in a new unit due to the large hole left in the headliner. I got a good deal on a Alpine PKG-RSE2 so I went ahead and bought it knowing I'd have to figure something out. But, I'm stuck. The only ideas I can think of are to either 1) buy a new headliner without the hole (which I know will be expensive) or 2) buy an aftermarket console meant for another monitor and modify it for the Alpine unit. The only one I could find that might work is this - http://tinyurl.com/y8epdj2

I thought I'd try here as someone might have come across the same problem. Any suggestions, ideas, advice? Thanks for the help.

overheaddvd.gif

photo.gif

photo2.gif

photo3.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman