Overcoming the rear window limiters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where I should have posted this. Interior section or Exterior section? All depends on whether you're looking at the window from the inside or outside I guess.

'99 Tahoe, 4 Door
The rear windows have some type of limiters that prevent the window from rolling all the way down as you can see in the pic. Can this be overcome without getting too involved? I want to have these windows roll all the way down. I don't care if the kids fall out lol.

IMG_2673.jpeg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where I should have posted this. Interior section or Exterior section? All depends on whether you're looking at the window from the inside or outside I guess.

'99 Tahoe, 4 Door
The rear windows have some type of limiters that prevent the window from rolling all the way down as you can see in the pic. Can this be overcome without getting too involved? I want to have these windows roll all the way down. I don't care if the kids fall out lol.

View attachment 404637
ya if you chop the curve out of the bottom of the door

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stretch the body so you can put 2 front doors in the back moving the wheels rearward, or get a fold up glass.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wager there is a cable stop of some sort. My 2007 yukon go halfway down, my 2017 go all the way down. They are all the short wheelbase ones. I'd say pull the door panel off and have a gander at the mechanism

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, back to the time machine I guess. Looks like I'll just have to take it to the guy that did my DeLoreon. He's good with doors. 88mph here I come! That's not me of course. I wear a black hat, black sweatshirt and beard...always lol.

1690216770426.png

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those windows go down further then that factory, they are just a couple inches up from bottom.

Does the power door locks work properly, I've seen multiple obs suvs do that and it's always been the door lock actuator rivets which are aluminum break and the way it falls its keeps the glass from going down

OP
OP
Hoesgottaeat2

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those windows go down further then that factory, they are just a couple inches up from bottom.

Does the power door locks work properly, I've seen multiple obs suvs do that and it's always been the door lock actuator rivets which are aluminum break and the way it falls its keeps the glass from going down
It’s definitely worth me looking into that at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM