OS update infotainment from 21 to 22 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moebde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

wondering if there would be a OS update for the infotainment on the 21 yukon tahoe to the 22 version?
its running google app store with a lot of apps like youtube and hulu .

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
2022 rear entertainment media on chevy high country deluxe, got massive downgrade. You get 2 hdmi boxes and nothing else. Not map, no USB support, no Mira cast, Nothing. 2 screens for same price as 21, no features. MASSIVE DISSAPOINTMENT. Went from space age to stone age.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 rear entertainment media on chevy high country deluxe, got massive downgrade. You get 2 hdmi boxes and nothing else. Not map, no USB support, no Mira cast, Nothing. 2 screens for same price as 21, no features. MASSIVE DISSAPOINTMENT. Went from space age to stone age.
That sucks. I thought the map view was a cool thing to have on there.

chackakori

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah this is a joke. My guess is that they had too many compatibility issues and decided to scrap USB and Miracast instead of figuring it out. Loading videos onto a USB stick seemed to be the simplest option but too many formats didn't work.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
I received an email last night from onstar talking about upgrading to google. It said for eligible vehicles only and didn’t list what vehicles would be eligible. I would think it would be possible for 21’s, but who knows.

What I’m really curious about is how the maps work. I use Apple CarPlay almost exclusively because I like having traffic updated automatically. I would love to use the cars nav so directions are on the hud, but without traffic there is really no point. I’m not willing to pay for Sirius traffic either when I have it for free with apple.

I’m interested to see how google maps will maintain an internet connection without having to pay for onstar. Doesn’t seem like it will be possible.

fireman21107

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received an email last night from onstar talking about upgrading to google. It said for eligible vehicles only and didn’t list what vehicles would be eligible. I would think it would be possible for 21’s, but who knows.

What I’m really curious about is how the maps work. I use Apple CarPlay almost exclusively because I like having traffic updated automatically. I would love to use the cars nav so directions are on the hud, but without traffic there is really no point. I’m not willing to pay for Sirius traffic either when I have it for free with apple.

I’m interested to see how google maps will maintain an internet connection without having to pay for onstar. Doesn’t seem like it will be possible.
They only way Google Maps works is with an internet connection or download the maps for offline use. Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will probably be the best way to do navigation.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
They only way Google Maps works is with an internet connection or download the maps for offline use. Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will probably be the best way to do navigation.
If only it would show up in the HUD like the system maps do.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Talked with onstar on this. Sounds like it’s only vehicles with the new big screens. 21 Yukons/Tahoes aren’t on the list.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you pay for the monthly ATT internet connection, ( There is no way around this... save yourself some grief and just pay it...) the native vehicle nav also shows local, current traffic both with and without a destination routed. I use it daily and since it shows instructions and directions in the HUD, it is much more user friendly and doesn't try to monopolize your whole system like AA and ACP do. I hate when I get in the vehicle and either of the two want to dominate my display. With the native nav you can easily go between apps, music, Alexa etc with out missing a beat. It probably isn't quite as good as ACP or WAZE or whatever, but I just did a 1500 mile trip and it warned me of upcoming traffic , rerouted me when nec. and generally performed to travel expectations all without taking over my head unit....Not to mention a hotspot for family members to read or check information etc. on their iPads.....