Ordering a Cargo Security Shade, drop-in fitment ?.. or

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering a new black Cargo Security Shade for my incoming '23 Suburban High Country and wanted to be sure that it's a simple drop-it item, that the 4 attachment points are already pre-formed into the vehicle's plastic interior trim.

I've browsed hundreds of Yukon, Tahoe and Suburban photos but their cargo-area interior shots seem to focus on the under-mat storage and the power outlet.

Thank you !

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordering a new black Cargo Security Shade for my incoming '23 Suburban High Country and wanted to be sure that it's a simple drop-it item, that the 4 attachment points are already pre-formed into the vehicle's plastic interior trim.

Thank you !
unless they changed something from the last 30 years then yes it's plug-n-play
the only difference would be maybe if you ordered one for a tahoe instead of a suburban as the lengths are not the same on the vehicles I am not sure if one size fits all in that regards or not.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news ! I'll place my order today. BTW, the Shop Chevy Parts site shows the Suburban black shade part # to be the same as Tahoe. They're what, about 20 inches difference ?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that at least for the 2015-2020 body style that it simply wasn't a difference in length of vinyl between short and long wheelbase models but also in length of the mounting bar. Although the long wheel base body is no wider, it mounts in a different location in the cabin due to having more second row leg room and thus seats are pushed back a few inches.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a 30 second drop in item. I've had mine in and out several times for various reasons. Haven't checked, but LWB vs. SWB may be one part number since mine i guess would work fine in a Yukon. It just wouldn't need to be extended as far, leaving some material in the rolled up portion.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a 30 second drop in item. I've had mine in and out several times for various reasons. Haven't checked, but LWB vs. SWB may be one part number since mine i guess would work fine in a Yukon. It just wouldn't need to be extended as far, leaving some material in the rolled up portion.
That is what I'd think but I was told the length of the rigid rod is different.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to tempt fate, so ordering the Suburban-specific OEM Security Shade :thumbsup:

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what I'd think but I was told the length of the rigid rod is different.

It is on the earlier generations because of the HVAC housing butting right up to the back of the 2nd row seats.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is on the earlier generations because of the HVAC housing butting right up to the back of the 2nd row seats.
Makes sense. That fan compartment is right behind the second row seat in my short wheel base variety.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Amazon prime has a couple aftermarket GM-style "1 size fits all" security shades with fitment across several Caddy's, both Yukon's, Suburban and Tahoe for $119-135 (OEM is $195 shipped) .. should I risk it ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne