Ordering a Cargo Security Shade, drop-in fitment ?.. or

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shopping bags when I don’t head straight home, and occasionally rifles or tools.
There was a local Craigslist seller (maybe an hour away) selling a black cargo cover a few months ago from an Escalade for around $100. Now it's gone. I considered getting it but for road trips I stack stuff way higher than what the cargo cover could conceal anyways.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had security draw shades in every SUV of mine since 1999, but this suburban will pretty much be my 1st SUV since moving away from high crime metro Atlanta 4 years ago (when I retired).

Besides, 75% if my non grocery items are now bought from and delivered by Amazon, so made sense for me to only spend $117 delivered for the shade.

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had security draw shades in every SUV of mine since 1999, but this suburban will pretty much be my 1st SUV since moving away from high crime metro Atlanta 4 years ago (when I retired).

Besides, 75% if my non grocery items are now bought from and delivered by Amazon, so made sense for me to only spend $117 delivered for the shade.
That PMAG is sufficient for dealing with metro Atlanta trash.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today after some thought and consideration I ordered the Amazon Prime shade for 1/3 less than OEM, my CC and shipping info is already on file with Amazon so was literally 3 mouse clicks and done.

I polly have 30-days if I need to return it (free) and I might not use the shade often anyway.

I appreciate y’all’s insights and suggestion, and I’ll post a photo along with my thoughts once both the shade and Suburban arrive !!
I'm interested to see how this worked. Would love your review. I bet it's probably no different then OEM.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plug and play yes Most definitely, I am on my third one but a couple of quick notes.

1. The cover has spring hinges but be careful during installaction but should be loaded at about a forty-five degree angle. I f not it can scuff the interior trim….yes plastic but can still scuff easy,

I strongly recommend having this as a two person job. One to pass through cargo are and one to line up the tabs and compress the spring hinge.

2. Ensure third row is folded flat since the mounting bracket is either aligned or just forward of the third row with seat backs extended.

3. Works to keep items out of sight but remember to remove cover BEFORE raising third row seat backs.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plug and play yes Most definitely, I am on my third one but a couple of quick notes.

1. The cover has spring hinges but be careful during installaction but should be loaded at about a forty-five degree angle. I f not it can scuff the interior trim….yes plastic but can still scuff easy,

I strongly recommend having this as a two person job. One to pass through cargo are and one to line up the tabs and compress the spring hinge.

2. Ensure third row is folded flat since the mounting bracket is either aligned or just forward of the third row with seat backs extended.

3. Works to keep items out of sight but remember to remove cover BEFORE raising third row seat backs.

Any pics?

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, I picked up my new 2023 Suburban HC yesterday and tried to install the Amazon aftermarket shade today and no way Jose, it won't fit.

It's a nice security shade with metal housing, carbon-fiber look on the protruding portion of the shade and the springs on the ends seem firm like previous shades on my '99 ML430 and wife's '13 GLE.

Unfortunately the housing is too long, even with the ends pushed all the way in, the gap between the Suburban's walls is too narrow. Also the anti-rotation male tips are square and the Suburban's female counterparts are L-shaped.

Oh well, that's 2 for 2 auto parts purchases from Amazon that I will (or have) returned this month, other was a tonneau cover for my '21 Silverado.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could also consider putting an extra layer of tint in the back, and sides. That helps a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401