Order # Tracking - Insight to how long it takes GM to accept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can have it tracked on Gminsidenews under Chevrolet order tracking. Linton does a great job helping people out.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order for Denali XL Duramax/Premier/Max Tow/Air Ride/Advanced Tech, etc. Dealer does have allocation, and nothing ordered had constraint. Dealer did have some way to verify that Duramax orders are being accepted. The one thing that I couldn't get were LPO wheels, for some reason, vehicles ordered with the premium capability package with air ride were not able to add the LPO wheels

Last edited:

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@Toasty did your order get a TPW yet ?

One of my orders is just me they can place an order tomorrow, but 3 items (advanced technology package, max trailer package which I guess includes the air ride option) are on constraint, so if I wanted to keep all of them its looking to be around January at the moment.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
@Toasty did your order get a TPW yet ?

One of my orders is just me they can place an order tomorrow, but 3 items (advanced technology package, max trailer package which I guess includes the air ride option) are on constraint, so if I wanted to keep all of them its looking to be around January at the moment.
I been waiting for a Denali ultimate diesel since end of august. No luck on GM picking it up as of last week!‍♂️

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71. MB Jet Black interior

Z71 off-road package, Luxury, Off road Capability and Max Trailering package
sliding center console,
Panoramic moonroof,
Z71 off road performance package..(6.2 quad exhaust)
2nd row buckets.

Had three DIA that were cut to reduce risk of holding up production…(Wheel Locks, Illumination Package, illuminated black bow tie logo. I could probably consider keeping that as a permanent deletion since the Z71 grrile logo is already black. The illumination package is nice not not nice enough to hold production over…especially if dealer can install and either beat or worst case scenario match the factory price.
Whsel Locks are not worth a MP hold especially if DIA anyway.

The only expected constraint as of now is probably heated steering wheel and I had heard rumors of OR capability package being either cut or delayed production.

I won’t know until then….. I am still expecting end of March ….any earlier is a bonus!!

If further constraints come up I can only deal with them as they appear….can’t worry about what might or not be cut or delayed.

bam01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few weeks ago my dealer told me that they weren't accepting any orders with RSE for the rest of the calendar year. They had an allocation for a Premium so we used that and added everything except RSE (I was waiting on an Ultimate since May). GM took the order and it is supposed to be built next week. Hopefully nothing more gets deleted other than the 4-way lumbar and start/stop. I think since May it was either the case of constraints or dealer allocation and getting both to line up just wasn't happening. I wanted the RSE but I am hoping I'll be happy with the Voxx after-market system. It is a give and take for features but at least I won't have to add a third device such as a firestick to use it.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago my dealer told me that they weren't accepting any orders with RSE for the rest of the calendar year. They had an allocation for a Premium so we used that and added everything except RSE (I was waiting on an Ultimate since May). GM took the order and it is supposed to be built next week. Hopefully nothing more gets deleted other than the 4-way lumbar and start/stop. I think since May it was either the case of constraints or dealer allocation and getting both to line up just wasn't happening. I wanted the RSE but I am hoping I'll be happy with the Voxx after-market system. It is a give and take for features but at least I won't have to add a third device such as a firestick to use it.

Put the money saved from not having RSE towards two IPads and you will get more functionality and more flexibility.

dougpower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a '21 Yukon SLE Premium Pkg in March, unit was built July 27th and has been sitting on a lot somewhere around the Dallas/Ft Worth area ever since. No one seems to know why it hasn't or when it will ship. Even stranger is the fact that the dealership has been receiving and selling '22 year models. Thinking about just giving up on the '21 and ordering a '22 instead.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I ordered a '21 Yukon SLE Premium Pkg in March, unit was built July 27th and has been sitting on a lot somewhere around the Dallas/Ft Worth area ever since. No one seems to know why it hasn't or when it will ship. Even stranger is the fact that the dealership has been receiving and selling '22 year models. Thinking about just giving up on the '21 and ordering a '22 instead.
Some these dealers should just sell ya one close to your specs or at least let you know if they have any coming off hold that aren’t already pre sold! I’m in same boat. Ordered in august n GM hasn’t taken order yet! Bought half ton pickup to get grocery’s with in mean time! There good dealers n crappy ones! Most could care less!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre sold or not there seems to be a lot of RSE outfitted models. Maybe stocking up before the cut maybe just dumb luck. I don’t really want it but for some in transit or on property without being pre sold you might be stuck with it. Low $73K ish MSRP can be either 6.2 OR RSE. I have no family so you know what I am going with if available especially if MSRP numbers are close. Remove both but keep a decent spec out sheet with the normal mid level equipment options/packages….2nd row buckets, sliding center console, moonroof, Z71 Offroad package etc…..and closer to $70K. Adding both takes it to $74-76K) territory depending on the rest of the options.

Remember this is MSRP l, doesn’t include any dealer markups.

Personally to find a in stock model that isn’t pre sold I could suck it up.

Biggest problem for me anyway is there does not appear to be a easy way to simply remove the tablets and mounting bracket. I would do that in a heartbeat and put the brackets and tablets in a safe out of the way location and be ready to reinstall for trade or the one in about 500 billion chance that there will be one rear seat long term passenger, much less two.

My dog is one of the back seat regulars but he can’t figure out how a tablet works………
Last time he tried to use a tablet……he scratched the screen…trying to “Swipe Left”
……Thas funny I don’t care who you are!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts