Orange spots on white vehicle. How to remove?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of orange dots all over my white paint. My mom had this before on her white equinox and dealer said I think rust and road dirt gets trapped. It’s very hard to remove was wondering if anyone had an easy solution. I saw an iron remover on Adam’s polish didn’t know if that would work? Sorry if this needs to be in exterior...
43EBB884-4759-4C25-9845-B4F07A0A3D7F.jpeg
6E6BF676-7853-48F3-9494-6B5E2B49FFE6.png

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried a version of that from CarPro on Amazon and it does work. It smells terrible so use it out of sunlight in a ventilated area. If you wax your car you’ll want to apply a fresh coat to the areas you used that on.

Clay bar also works to get it off but will require a little more effort. If you don’t have a lot of that stuff I’d go that route to avoid the smell and mess.

I’ve also used mild polishing compounds before too which work to get it removed. Clay bar is my preferred choice as it can be used to remove other stuff that gets stuck on paint/clear coat.

I live in iowa and have gotten that crap on my last 3 white vehicles after the winter season. Not a fan of it at all. :)

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clay bar is the ticket. We live on a farm and had a white golf TDI and the fly poop would wreak havoc on the paint. The only thing that would take it off was clay bar. White vehicles no longer an option for us...

shock

Reaction score
As others stated, clay bar is the answer. I saw this all the time as a detailer at a Honda dealership. The explanation I was given is that it happened while the cars sat at a rail yard during transport and that it was the rust dust from the trains.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried a version of that from CarPro on Amazon and it does work. It smells terrible so use it out of sunlight in a ventilated area. If you wax your car you’ll want to apply a fresh coat to the areas you used that on.

Clay bar also works to get it off but will require a little more effort. If you don’t have a lot of that stuff I’d go that route to avoid the smell and mess.

I’ve also used mild polishing compounds before too which work to get it removed. Clay bar is my preferred choice as it can be used to remove other stuff that gets stuck on paint/clear coat.

I live in iowa and have gotten that crap on my last 3 white vehicles after the winter season. Not a fan of it at all. :)
Ok I’ll go for a clay bar, I don’t know a lot about car exterior care and products, definitely a beginner but learn a lot on here from you guys! I found this, had a good explanation on their site. Going to order and give it a go697A288E-1DEE-44CA-89BE-64292F7E1FA8.jpeg

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others stated, clay bar is the answer. I saw this all the time as a detailer at a Honda dealership. The explanation I was given is that it happened while the cars sat at a rail yard during transport and that it was the rust dust from the trains.
It wasn’t there when we picked it up, got it last May. I think was over the winter, road dust. This guy explained it really well.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll go for a clay bar, I don’t know a lot about car exterior care and products, definitely a beginner but learn a lot on here from you guys! I found this, had a good explanation on their site. Going to order and give it a goView attachment 368819
You’ll want some sort of liquid solution to use with it. Normally I use Meguire’s quick detailer along with their clay bar which I think is about the same price. You can pick that up anywhere that sells car cleaning products (Walmart, target, advanced auto, etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401