OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I left work an hour early today and went to work on the rig. Is back together with just a final inspection tomorrow inside the driver's door cover for a rattle I have only when making left hand turns.

This work is all about the ignition coils and the hydro-boost and new M/C:

imagejpeg_0(81) (1).jpgimagejpeg_0(82) (1).jpgimagejpeg_0(83) (1).jpgimagejpeg_0(84) (1).jpgimagejpeg_0(85).jpg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looking good!!!
Thanks! Today is the last day of milder weather here and then in to the 90's for several days. My friend has a weak schedule today in the shop and he texted me to see if is alright to find and fix the rattle before I go there tonight. I think he wants it out of the shop for now! LOL! :) I gave the go ahead. Will likely drive home after I get off work.

So, besides new injectors, can you think of anything else that I could update under the hood and the body. Will be doing the exhaust soon too. Bear in mind that when we did the FLUIDS change, the gears looked pristine. We checked the wear patterns and all looked good.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know I could look at it myself but I thought I would ask here first if someone has done this before. How big a PITA is removing the second row captain's seats on my rig?

I am by myself and even if I was to find a lady worthy of me, I would still only need the front passenger seat. These seats are a waste of space for me. But if it is a PITA I may just leave alone and hope I never have more than one friend that needs a ride.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My friend called me earlier and said we both forgot about doing the new blower with the upgraded pigtail. He said, "S-C-R-E-W this, I am doing this too today. I think he just wants that rattle found and fixed but is not wanting to actually do it. I told him I would bring supper with me if he waits for me tonight:

imagejpeg_0(90).jpgimagejpeg_0(91).jpgimagejpeg_1(92).jpgimagejpeg_1(93).jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My friend called me earlier and said we both forgot about doing the new blower with the upgraded pigtail. He said, "S-C-R-E-W this, I am doing this too today. I think he just wants that rattle found and fixed but is not wanting to actually do it. I told him I would bring supper with me if he waits for me tonight:

View attachment 344303View attachment 344304View attachment 344305View attachment 344306
He must really want to buy it from you! Gotta make sure everything is done right for HIM lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts