Opportunity knocked...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyRedLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. Back in October my shop manager told me he was buying a new Armada and was going to sell his wife’s old Tahoe rather than trade it in. I wasn’t really looking for a vehicle at the time but I asked anyway what he was looking to get for it, knowing I am poor and already have five cars and a wife who doesn’t want me to buy any more. I was surprised when he said what he wanted for it. It was in my “affordability range” and a quick google search showed its value at more than double. I had to buy it right?

Now I just have to convince the wife. That’s always the hard part. But I’ve been doing this for a long time with her. I turned on the charm and said all the right things I guess cause it worked and now I own a one owner 2008 Tahoe LTZ with 150k. It’s in pretty good shape. Runs good with only minor issues. The sad part is that they had 12 years of repair receipts saved but his wife decided to throw them away before I could get them.

I have to admit that it is probably the best riding vehicle I’ve ever owned. 3E513CA9-D774-49C8-9ABA-E172DDEBCD06.jpeg610ED133-A232-4B66-AB6C-2AC353409346.jpeg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Sounds a lot like how I got my first Yukon XL Denali back in 2010.

The company that I worked for kept a fleet of 2 or 3 Yukon XL Denali for company use. They were getting ready to trade in their 2007’s for some 2010’s and I mentioned that my wife was wanting to get something different than the 2005 Honda Odyssey we were driving. He said he would sell me my choice for what he was getting for trade in value. That was about $10K less than anything I was seeing on any of the lots around so we jumped at it and have been driving them ever since.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Wayne!

Nice Tahoe! His wife throwing out all the repair receipts was really stupid. There would have been a war in my house if that was my wife.

Maybe you can go to where the Tahoe was serviced and ask what was done to it.

OP
OP
RubyRedLTZ

RubyRedLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know right? Isn’t that why you save them for all those years so you can give to whoever buys it later on.

fortunately for me though they did at least save the window sticker. This site is an unbelievable wealth of knowledge btw. Spending a lot of time on here the past couple months.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts