Opinions on Towing with Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anguyen325

Reaction score
Just put on a set of airlift bags. Noticeable difference with handling with only 10 psi. Seems a lot more firm and stable. Kind of reminds me of driving a dropped car (came from an 08 Altima dropped on eibachs) without the height change. It does get a little bumpier though but doesn't bother me too much :)

OP
OP
Y

YukonBill

Reaction score
If I put air bags on I guess I can leave the original air shocks on to?

anguyen325

Reaction score
I honestly don't know yukonbill. I have an 02 SLT and don't have the autoride system. I would imagine if you have the coil springs in the rear suspension, you can add the bags. After looking online about the autoride system, it seems like it only pertains to the shocks so you might be able to add the bags; however, don't take my word for it. Hopefully someone that has done this can chime in. GL

Reaction score
I have 2001 Yukon SLT 5.3 4WD with Autoride suspension. Im looking to tow a 20Ft enclosed car trailer that when loaded will weight around 6500 lbs. Can this Yukon handle that much wight? Im also looking for recommendation on extendable mirrors since the trailer will be 102" wide.

I towed a 24' Car Hauler, 6,800lbs with an Anderson Trailer Hitch. Drove from CA, to TX, and back. I installed ST rated tires on my 05 Yukon Denali XL, flushed the transmission fluid, both F/B differential fluids, changed the oil, and never had issues. I had a hard time climbing though. I was very sluggish but made it though. I went to get the snap on extended mirrors at etrailer.com. Worked well for me. The mirror vibrates a lot but tolerable.

02tahoeindiana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot add airbags with factory autoride. With factory autoride there is no spring but just a airspring in its place. If you want to add airbags you must havd traditional springs. Airlifts website may have a airkit that replaces your stock airsprings with bigger ones though. Go there and put in your model and look. I just used my Saab to tow and its autoride worked flawlessly just like my Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sailfl

Latest posts