Opinions on Selling Price Requested - 2011 GMC Yukon Denali AWD - Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you on the G80 and I have had no complaints so far in bad weather and on unimproved roads. Kinda look at it like dumping more money in for a lift and working around not having a low range with momentum, but seems like a bad idea. 99.5% of our trips the AWD is more than enough, but that 0.5% where we really go off road and up over 11,000 feet it gets hairy and scary.

Really like to practice the as slow as possible and fast as necessary thing off roading.

Last time I ran Imogene Pass, I was in low range the majority of the time, very steep and rocky so need the low speed control also helps with descent control. Actually never needed a rear locker due to awesome traction control; it was a 2020 Land Rover Defender 110 S.

The Denali is also very wide for many of the passes: Imogene, Ophir, Engineer and pretty much everything at Uwharrie National Forest (near me) due to the trees.
ya that's the problem i run into with my Silverado long wheel base and width, a lot of trails are for jeeps and I am not into rock crawling just like to 4wheel

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The price Carvana is offering is correct, for them. They’ll sell it at the price you want for it, or more.

The only way you’ll get around the low selling price is to FSBO it or trade it at a dealer who’ll offer a higher trade in if you purchase a vehicle from them.

OP
OP
doc5339

doc5339

Reaction score
The price Carvana is offering is correct, for them. They’ll sell it at the price you want for it, or more.

The only way you’ll get around the low selling price is to FSBO it or trade it at a dealer who’ll offer a higher trade in if you purchase a vehicle from them.
Thanks, I have it for sale now on IH8MUD.com and LandRoverWorld.org. I might add it on CarGurus.com or eBay as well.

Asking $12,500

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yeessss! I used TRED to sell our 08 YXL Denali w/ 140k for $11.5k to a lady who drove from Vegas. They wired the $ into my checking account less $85 fee. TRED advertises nationwide on 7-10 different sites. All the inquiries come from their portal. I had three bites in 3 months. The 3rd was the buyer.

The buyer said she would have paid more but was waiting for me to lower the price for the 3d time. Then she jumped because she didn’t want to risk losing it. This was about 20 Mo ago during COVID. The key is to take LOTs of pictures in the morning next to a lake or water after it rains. Especially with a black truck.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Oh yea, call OnStar and get a free subscription. Include the vehicle has cell phone access and to remote start, lock, unlock, gas gauge, oil life and download directions into the Navi. All 2011+ have it but it’s undersold and Moms love that stuff to precool the truck and know there’s an ez way to get kiddos/keys out of a locked car.

Put screen prints of the active plan in your ad. I guarantee you no one else has and some don’t know they have it.

7B91F33F-12D2-490F-A925-46D9A5F6638B.png949A2175-D04D-4D78-917E-6CFC82E78A8B.pngD3F15304-2769-4B31-894E-662F5F92DFF0.jpeg

OP
OP
doc5339

doc5339

Reaction score
Yeessss! I used TRED to sell our 08 YXL Denali w/ 140k for $11.5k to a lady who drove from Vegas. They wired the $ into my checking account less $85 fee. TRED advertises nationwide on 7-10 different sites. All the inquiries come from their portal. I had three bites in 3 months. The 3rd was the buyer.

The buyer said she would have paid more but was waiting for me to lower the price for the 3d time. Then she jumped because she didn’t want to risk losing it. This was about 20 Mo ago during COVID. The key is to take LOTs of pictures in the morning next to a lake or water after it rains. Especially with a black truck.
Have looked at TRED in the past, though it seemed kinda janky. I was not sure how many people actually use it. I buy lots of cars, frequently and usually use CarGurus or eBay. I know many people like Cars.com. Might check TRED out again, but it seemed like they made maybe too much off of the sale which slows down the process.

OP
OP
doc5339

doc5339

Reaction score
Oh yea, call OnStar and get a free subscription. Include the vehicle has cell phone access and to remote start, lock, unlock, gas gauge, oil life and download directions into the Navi. All 2011+ have it but it’s undersold and Moms love that stuff to precool the truck and know there’s an ez way to get kiddos/keys out of a locked car.

Put screen prints of the active plan in your ad. I guarantee you no one else has and some don’t know they have it.

View attachment 373883View attachment 373884View attachment 373885
I guess I assume too much, that buyers know what options are on the vehicle. Good point showcasing the GM Remote App as a selling feature.