Opinions on brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smyers33

Reaction score
Found this brush guard on craigslist. It is a Westin. Just wondering if its worth 100 bucks, and if you think it would look good on my truck. I have a 99 2 door sport. I called the guy and he said that it clips on the bumper somehow instead of bolting to the frame. Is this a good or bad thing? Do all brush guards attach to the bumper like this?

Attachments

• 3nb3o83lb5Qf5Td5Sa9ac0c8e4ee68ee91bd0.jpg
    3nb3o83lb5Qf5Td5Sa9ac0c8e4ee68ee91bd0.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
smyers33

smyers33

Reaction score
Sorry "clip on" was a bad choice of words. From what the guy said, I attaches somehow at the top and bottom of the bumper... It must bolt onto the bumper.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Frame mounted is the only way to go. That is way too much stress to be putting on a bumper. The good thing is now you have a reason to get it cheaper haha as long as you dont plan on hitting anything haha

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frame mount. Mine is actually bolted to the frame and the bumper. I know I could take out a deer or something with minimal damage

OP
OP
smyers33

smyers33

Reaction score
Okay thanks for info guys... Also would it be hard to modify it and make it mount to the frame? I might go take a look at it, and then decide whether or not it would be worth the trouble

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for info guys... Also would it be hard to modify it and make it mount to the frame? I might go take a look at it, and then decide whether or not it would be worth the trouble

if you know of a welder in your area, then it wouldnt be too hard.

from the look of the guard it needs the piece that mounts the frame of the car,

so you need that, and you need to weld it on.

in my opinion its a no no. not worth the trouble.

but yet again its only $100 rather than $600. i would think on it for a few days.

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
Anyone using a Bull Bar on their 2dr Z71 or 4x4?? Chrome or Black? I was thinking about either a full grill guard or bull bar by westin.....

Any pics or comments?

1weasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen bull bars on the OBS, and some I liked, bu some looked like crap. I think it depends on color of the vehicle and how well the manufacturer fit the bar.