Opinions of this 2002 TrailBlazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@TollKeeper, I did note all the info you gave me and will address. Some will happen right away. New water pump and thermostat/water outlet and oil change.

Where do I find or even look up the door handle repair kits? It is the driver's front door. I did a search on the GMTNation site with no luck.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TollKeeper, I did note all the info you gave me and will address. Some will happen right away. New water pump and thermostat/water outlet and oil change.

Where do I find or even look up the door handle repair kits? It is the driver's front door. I did a search on the GMTNation site with no luck.

My old Escalade had broken handles and I found repair kits on Fleabay.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, an update. I have a new water pump and thermostat/water outlet here along with a WIX oil filter and fresh Mobil 1 10w-30. Is icy out there and cold but is supposed to be 50's and 60's here by Christmas and day after. Likely do the work on 26th. The driver's door grab handle, that is broken, should be easy to fix. Found a handle at ebay and will get it installed. Watched the you tube videos on the water pump and water outlet work and found a couple shortcuts that allow for pretty easy work. Also found a you tube about the door handle replacement. The lady likes driving it in AWD and is easy for parking. @TollKeeper clued me in to GMTNation Forum and have gotten lots of info there. I think this will be a good vehicle for her. Still gonna keep her workhorse 1990 K2500 xcab longbed with 128k on it. Very dependable.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might need to educate her on the Auto 4wd system. Its best not to use it when its not needed. The guys on the other forum hate, with a passion, the A4WD system. I love it.. They call it the Slip Bang System. But with my truck being a 3.42, the "slip bang" isnt as harsh as your 3.73.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Very wet streets and lots of rain and even some standing water in a few places and she is going to be in AWD for now but when dry enough, gonna be in 2wd. Thanks for the info.