Oops, forgot about a 2nd battery having 2 positives connected, lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
confused because I forgot about a sidepost connection, I'm part idiot :rolleyes:

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
confused on this one at the moment

Do you have anything plugged into the 12V sockets that could be a back channel into you electric circuit? I see an extension cord next to the vehicle, what is that powering. what if you unplugged your Tech2?

I ask because you can put 12V back into your system through the 12V cigarette lighter sockets that is enough to help boost the charge on a low battery.
https://www.amazon.com/Wagan-EL9796-Quick-Jumper-Jumpstarter/dp/B00005OWK2
upload_2019-9-20_8-5-10.png

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was trying to reprogram the security module on his Denali last night. What you see is his Tech2 plugged into the OBDII port on his vehicle.

I was wondering if he had the Tech-2 powered up from a portable battery but not sure I see that kind of wiring on around it.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was trying to reprogram the security module on his Denali last night. What you see is his Tech2 plugged into the OBDII port on his vehicle.

No, I’m talking about under the hood near the first battery in the video.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no the tech2 was unplugged from the obd port because I was trying to disconnect power to let stuff reset, after thinking about it maybe one of my battery's is shorted I will find out later sick as hell had the shivers since 3am, stupid cold has been hanging around for a week, goes away and comes back the next day, headache 24/7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64