OnStar MyLink app for 2010 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lakeerie92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I bought my 2010 Tahoe I asked about the OnStar iPhone app that starts the car and locks and unlocks from your phone and was told it will only be available on 2011 models, so I asked OnStar about it last month when I started my 3 month free trial and was told the same thing and that there were no plans to make it retroactive. Well being that I always like to see for myself I downloaded the app and registered for it and to my suprise IT WORKS! I tested out all of the buttons from remote start to unlock and lock and all of the diagnostics and fuel capacity and all of the information is working and accurate. Someone may have already figured this out but I didn't come across it.

Cstl ltz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried it too. It worked fine after taking it out of the garage so it could see the satellites. I did it from my iPad though, don't have an iPhone.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got my 2010 yukon denali working-- two days ago the ap wasnt working or they hadnt updated the system, but it works now! i just renewed my onstar got the safe and secure plan for 14 months for 148 bucks with 6 months of turn by turn/navigation AND got my 100 minutes rolled over in addition to an extra 100 minutes--- coudlnt be happier---just glad the app now works with the 2010 now no difference b/w the 2010 and the 2011

atalakoub

Reaction score
Very jealous...wish i had the cooled seats too.

Anyone hack their way into getting this working on a 2007?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone hack their way into getting this working on a 2007?

It *may* work if you can get ahold of the 2010 or 2011 OnStar VCIM module. BUT, I have heard of only one case of someone successfully installing a newer VCIM into their 2007 and getting OnStar to work. Most, if not 99% of the time, the green light will change to red, and dealers/OnStar can't fix it.

If I could get the part, I'd be willing to try it...but who knows.

atalakoub

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of work and money for a 1% chance of working. I'll just spend that money on some scratch tickets and hope to get enough to upgrade!

April

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just got my 2010 yukon denali working-- two days ago the ap wasnt working or they hadnt updated the system, but it works now! i just renewed my onstar got the safe and secure plan for 14 months for 148 bucks with 6 months of turn by turn/navigation AND got my 100 minutes rolled over in addition to an extra 100 minutes--- coudlnt be happier---just glad the app now works with the 2010 now no difference b/w the 2010 and the 2011
I have a 2010 Denali, but when I go online to active remote control it still tells me it's not available for my vehicle. The rest of the app works great on my phone. I just can't use the remote access. I think it may be because my vehicle description when I login does not contain the work Yukon. Can you tell me if yours does when you login to OnStar online account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stank hammer