Only get HEAT out of drivers side vents when I turn the temp down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Esnb74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this forum (but not to forums in general) and I have a couple issues that I need to figure out with my Tahoe.

First of all, I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ that I have had since new with 80,000+ miles on it.

As of last week, when I turn the temperature down the drivers side vents continue to blow really hot air, while the passenger side cools down as it should.

I read on this forum some threads about an issue with 2000 - 2006 models having a similar issue and the air mix/blend door actuator needing to be replaced.

Anyone else have a similar issue and know anything about it and how to fix it?

Thanks for any advise & solutions!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In all likelihood it is the same problem. I have heard of sometimes just unhooking the battery and after about 30 minutes hook it back up and that can let the controls reset and may fix it but maybe not.

:hmmm2:

OP
OP
Esnb74

Esnb74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try that tonight and see what happens. I keep finding many similar issue on different years. Most say that A/C blows hot. My drivers side blows hot and my A/C won't turn on. Button flashes a couple times and goes off. I wish I knew which one to buy before I tear it apart, but I think I may have to tear it apart (if the reset doesn't fix the problem) and see what is not working. Put it back together, order part - then fix.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can be a pain. I just remembered that I have also heard that when you unhook the battery that not only will your clock be wrong but sometimes the engine will idle differently and will have to relearn to idle. I think they said it will idle high for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada