Old style, non J hook blade preference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosch Icons, 22" were installed PN 22OE. Night and day difference immediately, will keep the non J hooks for the forseeable future, especailly when the Bosch blades are on sale for $18 each at Advance.
Glad to hear it! I think you will be very happy with the Bosch Icons.

ATLPPV

Reaction score
I found out a lot of info on those when changing the blades on my Tahoe. The first pair I bought had J hooks and when I went over to the truck to install them I was shocked to see a different style. Found out the PPV/SSV's use a non J hook like the earlier models but use thicker/beefier arm than the standard Tahoe's. They have an "air foil" and stronger springs in them to keep it tight to the windshield at high speeds.

ATLPPV

Reaction score
Oh and I went with the Piaa Si Tech frameless Silicon wipers because I've heard so many things about them over the years and they had fitment for our weird clips. I like them but don't at the same time.

They clean fine but sometimes they squeak for a min or two. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when they do it (can be raining hard or misty, doesn't matter) and they've done it since day once. With what other guys are saying in this thread I may try the Michelin Silicons next time.

Elmo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh and I went with the Piaa Si Tech frameless Silicon wipers because I've heard so many things about them over the years and they had fitment for our weird clips. I like them but don't at the same time.

They clean fine but sometimes they squeak for a min or two. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when they do it (can be raining hard or misty, doesn't matter) and they've done it since day once. With what other guys are saying in this thread I may try the Michelin Silicons next time.
I put the Michelin Silicons on two weeks ago and so far they are great. They claim twice the life of traditional wiper blades so we will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted