Old black Betty build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
IMG_7202.jpeg
IMG_7176.jpegIMG_7173.jpeg
Did the evap purge canister last week
Along with a new rear caliper and pads.
Did new plugs and ordering new msd wires this week.
New gas cap
Looking into getting a autometer pillar setup next so I can see my oil pressure since the Escalade cluster don’t have one.
IMG_7008.jpeg
There’s more odds And ends and maintenance that needs to be addressed but I don’t want to taco bout that

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 417932
View attachment 417933View attachment 417934
Did the evap purge canister last week
Along with a new rear caliper and pads.
Did new plugs and ordering new msd wires this week.
New gas cap
Looking into getting a autometer pillar setup next so I can see my oil pressure since the Escalade cluster don’t have one.
View attachment 417935
There’s more odds And ends and maintenance that needs to be addressed but I don’t want to taco bout that

Dude those caliper pins holy fak.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Dude those caliper pins holy fak.
Yea thank the Hatteras salt and Davis floodwaters lol seems like atleast once a month I got to go through 2 feet of salt water to get home it’s ridiculous
She’s got a brand new caliper now that driver rear was the only one I ain’t replaced yet

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
IMG_7678.jpegIMG_7587.jpegIMG_7588.jpeg
Last pics before the tear down for the motor swap
The old 5.3 that’s in her is finally over 400,000 miles and developed a coil pack miss oil pressure randomly dropping and water pump leak so instead of dropping a bunch into this old motor I found a parts truck with 160,000 I’ll cam swap and dod delete the motor
Plan to swap the black seats and console and dash into the Tahoe out the truck also
Then have the trans build and on the shelf for when it’s needed down the road

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
IMG_7956.jpegIMG_7967.jpeg
IMG_7954.jpeg
The parts truck I acquired for a 4 wheeler I traded
Rusted out but got a lot of good parts
Interior and motor is going in the Tahoe the differentials front and rear will be built re geared and swapped into the Tahoe then the one I pull out the Tahoe will eventually go into the Silverado to convert it to 4wd
Interior was in great shape
Probably swapping the grill over along with the black mirrors handles and headlights into the Tahoe and deleting most of the chrome
I’ll built the motor out of this mild build but probably port the stock heads and get a valve job done along with new seals and springs maybe a stage 4 cam and new top end I eventually want to boost this down the road but got a lot of other projects I need to finish first.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
IMG_7968.jpegIMG_7918.jpegIMG_7915.jpeg
Where the Tahoe sits now getting the lift kit stripped off it and ready for powder coat
And getting the motor ready to be removed.

I also want to get the back bumper and front right fender fixed on it and put some Cadillac smoked taillights in it when I get her back together

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 428375View attachment 428377
View attachment 428380
The parts truck I acquired for a 4 wheeler I traded
Rusted out but got a lot of good parts
Interior and motor is going in the Tahoe the differentials front and rear will be built re geared and swapped into the Tahoe then the one I pull out the Tahoe will eventually go into the Silverado to convert it to 4wd
Interior was in great shape
Probably swapping the grill over along with the black mirrors handles and headlights into the Tahoe and deleting most of the chrome
I’ll built the motor out of this mild build but probably port the stock heads and get a valve job done along with new seals and springs maybe a stage 4 cam and new top end I eventually want to boost this down the road but got a lot of other projects I need to finish first.

Why are all your trees bare down there? Is it from hurricane damage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfire

Latest posts