Old black Betty build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride, but don't get carried away with the "Carolina Squat". I was following a truck down some road repaving and he caught his trailer hitch and bumper on the manhole extension. Tore them right off. It also makes it hard to drive at night. Your's isn't as extreme as the ones that get done around here.

I had a truck my neighbors daughter named "Black Betty". I'll admit it fit the truck and the truck because well known, until the tin worms broke it in half. I asked him later if she knew who Black Betty was. He didn't until I told him it was a song about a black **********. How a 9 year old girl heard about that is a mystery.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to go back to Tennessee gatlinburg area she wants to go on a cruise I spend 1/2-3/4 of my time in the water so I’m wanting to get away from the water and beach but maybe we can come to a agreement before to long
Tennessee is great. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge has grown ALOT. For me, the traffic is terrible now so I rarely go.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good, though I would sleep easier if I had spring clamps on those cooler lines instead of worm drive clamps.

You think they would be strong enough for transmission line pressure? Maybe doubled up? Just curios.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think they would be strong enough for transmission line pressure? Maybe doubled up? Just curios.
Probably. But, it's more that worm drive clamps take a 'set' after a while, so as the rubber in the hose takes that set, the clamp is no longer exerting as much pressure against the underlying nipple. At some point, a line pressure surge such as when you punch the throttle, will be enough to overcome that weakened bond and the hose will pop off or at least start to leak. A spring clamp exerts constant pressure and it will keep exerting that pressure even as the hose takes a set. On places like cooler lines that will likely be out of sight for the next decade, spring clamps are the way to go.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Looking good, though I would sleep easier if I had spring clamps on those cooler lines instead of worm drive clamps.
I plan on changing them out it’s all I had at the time and no ride 45 min away to a parts store lol
So far no leaks thankfully
When the moneys right I’ll swap them lines out to AN fittings anyways but gotta order those