Ok so i have a huge dilemma......i need opinions from everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arkie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First and foremost I am trustworthy! Second this truck title is in an llc that was closed down it cant be pulled from that and IM NOT SELLING THE DAMN THING SO HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME UNTRUSTWORTHY? I find that if I have a clean tag and title from one suv and someone is going to sell me a suv for 500 dollars that has a messed up title? Who really wouldnt do what I'm doing especially since I live in ohio and the damn title bureau here is so damn complicated to deal with and these people there dont like helping anyone and half of the damn time they always mess up something on our titles
What about the $500 vehicle, is it stolen?
With no title, it very well could be.

OP
OP
WhiteWhale2004

WhiteWhale2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't see much about the "LLC" and how and why you acquired it. But is there a way to find or identify one or more of the principal "members" of the LLC, and get them to sign the title, or give you a letter on letterhead about the purchase?
I've already tried that 3 of the 6 members were killed overseas in the army and the other 2 dont want anything to do with the last guy they said they've moved on ...and this last guy said there is a title but he don't want to look for it because it isnt worth "his time" ...so I werent took a picture of the vin and ran it it comes back clean so i'm pulling a form for application for certificate of title and paying to get a duplicate title for it also I've swapped vins in old jeeps b4 and never had any issues so yeah ohio is weird cause they really don't look unless it's a true salvage rebuilt title

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already tried that 3 of the 6 members were killed overseas in the army and the other 2 dont want anything to do with the last guy they said they've moved on ...and this last guy said there is a title but he don't want to look for it because it isnt worth "his time" ...so I werent took a picture of the vin and ran it it comes back clean so i'm pulling a form for application for certificate of title and paying to get a duplicate title for it also I've swapped vins in old jeeps b4 and never had any issues so yeah ohio is weird cause they really don't look unless it's a true salvage rebuilt title
Glad you are doing it the right way!

Some things to consider:

1) You suggested an illegal act. If anyone here, much less if multiple people here, encouraged you, it could cause problems for this [site]. We could be considered participating in illegal activity. You would have inadvertently caused a problem for us.
2) Doing it the right way will guarantee this does not bite you in the butt later.
3) By saying "I've done this before" you DO indicate you are untrustworthy. Just because there have been no bad consequences yet doesn't mean there never will be. You would have to be right every time, and at some point you won't be.

Most importantly, in addition to our own, we have your best interests at heart. You asked for our opinions and we gave them.

Those things said, welcome to our forum, and please feel free to ask for help on caring for your ride, or sharing ways to fix our rides you discover. This is one of the most friendly forums on the Internet.

EDIT: Corrected "sight" to "site"

Last edited:

mikehooo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok do yall think it's a bad idea If were to swap vins with a 03 to an 04? Same body style 03 is a Chevrolet tahoe/burb z71 and the 04 is a gmc yukon xl slt. I have to pull the windshield on the 03 cause its heavily damaged and the 04 is perfect besides needing a good cleaning I am in the process of accruing the said 03 and I decided to just part out the 04(sorry fellas motor gone) anyways the reason I'm getting said 03 for so cheap is because no title but I have my 04 title and its technically still registered so if I were to repair/repaint the 03 the same color as the 04 and debadge the whole truck would yall even recognize that I swapped some things around and debaged it if I showed yall I've got 2 best friends that think I'm gonna get pulled over and shot for doing what im planning on doing......I've never had an issue b4 doing said vin swaps but ya never know somebody please give me some insight I wanna pick your brain about this topic thanks
Why? Doesn’t make any sense.

Reaction score
Nope. Don't do it. Karma will find a way to bite you on that. Any T800 is not so rare to necessitate this. You have no idea what the possible downstream impacts of this are ( like a traffic or parking ticket that morphs into a huge mess ).

Kosherpotatoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope it dont I just want to hear what you think I should do cause the title is in an llc and that company doesn't exist anymore more so yeah just trying to get an idea for real that's all
Personal opinion. If Title is the only issue. IIRC can either get one from the sheriffs department or do a bill of sale and sent it to Vermont for titling. They don't require anything more than a bill of sale for you to get it titled to you. Check out this link to see if you can utilize this rather than swap vins and keep everything on the up and up.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Yeah dude.... This one's a bad idea. Kinda regardless of reason.

Paperwork issues can be resolved through proper channels.

That said, re-riveting the tag on the windshield ain't it.

The VIN is also stored on the ecu, and on other places around the vehicle.

I'm not one to go jumping on laws and use that as a justification. Laws are a reflection of morality, but laws should not define your own morality. Don't ever mix those two up.

But honestly, I don't think this one is moral. The amount of work to pull this off goes pretty squarely into fraud-territory. It would also unfairly burden anyone else who works on the vehicle. Whether it be an inspection (if your state has those), emissions, insurance registrations, future registrations, whether from your, family member, or other future owners, insurance handling if it's ever involved in a collision, or if someone happens to get pulled over while borrowing your rig to move a sofa or something. You'd also find yourself pretty squarely up poop creek without a paddle, as would anyone else interacting with the vehicle in the event of an incident. It's the sort of thing that would involve criminal charges at a minimum, and possible jail time. The risk-reward analysis just doesn't make sense.

I think you'd be backing yourself into a corner in a bad way if you went through with this.

If getting the title is an issue, it might be worth your time to hire a lawyer who knows how to navigate this sort of transfer. This way just ain't it chief.

Also hi welcome to the forum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972