Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with all replies here.

You could easily double the mileage you're changing it at if you wanted to. As for it lasting 200K miles, that's not even a question if you don't beat the ever-loving snot out of it. Running full synthetic and changing it while it's still damned-near fresh ensures that if that 6.2 ever does fail, it surely won't be from a problem with the oil.

I've ran my 5.3 hard for the past 50K miles with the exception for the ~20K mile period when Jenn was driving it. High RPM, high speed, holding it in lower gears with the engine zinging so it'd jump and shoot a gap as soon as I punched it... basically driving it like one would a Corvette. Now, at 200K miles, it was still running like a beast as always as confirmed with my time slips. Your 6.2 will be just fine well beyond 200K, barring a non-oil-related failure.

I only pulled the motor because of a lifter tick at startup, and now I'm camming it and raising the compression. Still on that 200K-mile bottom end. Ran Mobil1 for my first two changes after purchase then Pennzoil Platinum ever since. It's quieter on the Pennzoil. I'm gonna try Rotella T6 after I get it back together.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greta Faust