Oil sending unit size (other than 1 1/16?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nighthwk12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening:
So I was proud of myself not to rage out. So I am delving into my P0521. Got the sending unit, screen, and 1 1/16th socket. I moved coupe tubes out of my way and going to put the socket on and it doesn't want to engage. Fits the new senor no problem. Tried to put it on the old sensor many of times and just spins with out engaging down on the hex. Could it be another size? I tried a 30 mm socket (1 3/16) but just way to big. Could it be 1 1/8th?

Thanks

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening:
So I was proud of myself not to rage out. So I am delving into my P0521. Got the sending unit, screen, and 1 1/16th socket. I moved coupe tubes out of my way and going to put the socket on and it doesn't want to engage. Fits the new senor no problem. Tried to put it on the old sensor many of times and just spins with out engaging down on the hex. Could it be another size? I tried a 30 mm socket (1 3/16) but just way to big. Could it be 1 1/8th?

Thanks

There's a special socket for it.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I may take another go at it but wanted to see if I was missing something. Bracket in the way or anything.

Been few months since I did one but I don't remember any bracket or anything in the way but it is a challenge to get in there if the intake manifold is left on. but not to bad might just be some dirt or something in there preventing from seating socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SayWhen