Oil pan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chubby

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if i have to remove anything else besides the oil pan to remove the gasket? My truck is lifted so at least i don't have to jack it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd?

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

depending on you answer it will go from :Frustrated: job to a :wtf::pp: kinda a job.

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know when i had to drop my oil pan i had to remove front driveshaft and unbolt top diff bolt and passenger side axle bolts then rotate front axle forward out of the way...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Removal of Y-pipe and front driveshaft most likely needed.

Oil Pan Replacement REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1. Remove the oil level indicator tube. Refer to Oil Level Indicator and Tube Replacement.
  2. Raise the vehicle.
  3. Remove the engine oil and the engine oil filter. Refer to Engine Oil and Oil Filter Replacement.
  4. Remove the oil filter adapter. Refer to Oil Filter Adapter and Valve Assembly Replacement.
  5. Remove the starter. Refer to Starter Motor Replacement.
  6. Remove the flywheel inspection cover.
  7. Remove the engine mount through bolts. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement (2WD).
  8. Raise and support the engine.
  9. Remove the oil pan.
  10. Note the location of any studs to assist reassembly.
  11. Clean all the sealing surfaces. Refer to Oil Pan Clean and Inspect.
  12. Remove the engine oil pan and the gasket.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Install the engine oil pan and a NEW oil pan gasket. Refer to Oil Pan Installation.
  2. Lower the engine onto the engine mounts.
  3. Install the engine mount through-bolts. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement (2WD).
  4. Install the starter. Refer to Starter Motor Replacement.
  5. Install the flywheel inspection cover.
  6. Install the oil filter adapter. Refer to Oil Filter Adapter and Valve Assembly Replacement.
  7. Install the engine oil filter and the engine oil. Refer to Engine Oil and Oil Filter Replacement
  8. Lower the vehicle.
  9. Install the oil level indicator tube. Refer to Oil Level Indicator and Tube Replacement.

OP
OP

98chubby

Reaction score
It was a pain in the ass!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Sorry for yelling but damn I have a 3 inch body lift as well and i can only imagine how hard it is for people who don't have body lifts. All i had to do was move the oil filter and adapter also a bar that runs from the tranny to the body. But thanks guys for the info it was most appreciated. I'm still thinking about it........geezzzzus!

Last edited:

HardKnox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
darn right this is a pain in the rear

Did a search and found this thread. Glad yours worked out, but now its my turn. I have pretty much everything out of the way. Last thing is the front diff. I cant seem to find a good explaination on exactly what to loosen. Mine is a 96 yukon 5.7 4x4 sle Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

I know when i had to drop my oil pan i had to remove front driveshaft and unbolt top diff bolt and passenger side axle bolts then rotate front axle forward out of the way...

This is helpfull, just not exactly sure which is the correct bolt on the diff to unbolt...

The book says to turn the wheels to the left as well..?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts