Oil Pan Leak - Engine Oil Cooler Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Update: I'm still waiting for the truck, but after several calls they confirm @WalleyeMikeIII thoughts. The coolant line needs the front axel and diff to be removed to access the line, after dropping the axel, that's when they noticed the boot is "not allowed to roll out of the dealership" and the axel is on backorder. Sooo fuuu###.

After discussing with the svc Mgr, he arranged for a porter to pickup an axel from a new vehicle on another lot (200 miles north) which is being dropped into my truck. They'll get the backorder axel for the other truck later.

Supposedly I'll get it back tomorrow, I'll keep you posted. Attached is my "busted" axel boot.
WOW consider yourself extremely lucky as dealers don't part out new vehicles to repair one. But good for you that there having it done that way.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I recognize that aspect. We had quite a few words about the entire situation, so maybe a little extra influence in it.

Hoping it works out ok. I'm not comfortable getting it back late Thursday, to go on a road trip Friday without many test miles in between. Might have to just pray a lot....

Thanks for listening.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that cooler is tucked up in there and impossible to get at with the FWD half-shaft in the way. Would be interesting to see where it's actually leaking from. I assume it's leaking engine oil? Might be at slow enough of a rate that it's just coating your frame and not dripping on the driveway.

OP
OP
Eusibius2

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last update...

Got it back Thursday night. Seems all good to me. Drives straight and everything works as expected. They got the replacement axel from new inventory in Wisconsin, not from a new vehicle (just to clarify, that was way odd they told me that initially).

I guess just a heads up for someone else that a simple repair could be more complex than it seems.

Now I'm off for my trip. Test drive 100 miles already. Talk to you y'all later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n