Oil cooler Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chain Saw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having a oil drip on my 2009 Yukon .
My buddy said oli cooler line, I called up my GM dealer service was told 2.7 hrs to replace the lines plus the lines, total $650.00
I went to a private service center He said 3 hours plus the lines. while I waited he the parts person some numbers, maybe my vin. The he told me I do not have libes and it would a gasket and 30 minutes work.

Now in the morning I have to put it on the raqmps to see who does not know what they are talking about.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a oil drip on my 2009 Yukon .
My buddy said oli cooler line, I called up my GM dealer service was told 2.7 hrs to replace the lines plus the lines, total $650.00
I went to a private service center He said 3 hours plus the lines. while I waited he the parts person some numbers, maybe my vin. The he told me I do not have libes and it would a gasket and 30 minutes work.

Now in the morning I have to put it on the raqmps to see who does not know what they are talking about.

You can just pop the hood and look. If you have two aluminum pipes running along the driver side of the engine block down where the oil pan is, then they become rubber hoses at the turn near the radiator, then aluminum pipes again up to the fittings on the driver side of the radiator, then you have an engine oil cooler. If these do not exist, then you do not have a cooler and there is a factory block-off bolted to the boss where the cooler lines would go (just above the oil filter). It's common for this point to leak both with the oil cooler and block-off.

You can replace the gasket (oil cooler or block-off) in about half an hour, including jacking it up (or driving it up on ramp), replacing it, cleanup and putting it back on the ground. The oil cooler just has more potential leak points where the pipes connect to the block, where the rubber hoses are crimped, and where they terminate at the radiator.

Many just delete the oil cooler and install a block-off. If you don't have the cooler or don't care to keep it, for about the same price as the OE gasket, alone, you can get this nifty billet piece that uses a standard O-ring for a gasket: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S326YYY?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_XV245YCQQFZ5BQW1JPFG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094