Oil catch cans freaking work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Antonm

Antonm

Reaction score
GM is late to party on a factory oil separator for their V8s. As discussed earlier in this thread Mercedes had oil separators in the early 80's for sure (possibly earlier IDK), which that is now 40 years ago (dang I feel old all the sudden).

Most of the modern DI four bangers, especially the turbocharged ones, all seem to have some sort of elaborate, and expensive to replace, crankcase vent system that incorporates an oil separator.

Ford actually added back in port fuel injection on some of their engines, so those engines have both DI and port injection, for the purpose of keeping the back of the intake valves clean.

Darkstar72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
"Ford actually added back in port fuel injection on some of their engines, so those engines have both DI and port injection, for the purpose of keeping the back of the intake valves clean."

Toyota does the same thing on some of their engines as well. I'm not completely versed in all things Toyota but I know that I have have heard they do they add port injectors as well on their DI engines to keep the back of the valve clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667