Offroad Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Got some lights for new bumper. There not wired yet, I'll do that this weekend. (Procomp 100 Series 55 Watt 4x6.)
img00042201003171829.jpg

I want some badass lights for the light guard, any suggestions? Nothing to pricey but I want it to look mean and bright.

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
I never wired them because I wanted to ask you all a question, I want to wire them so that they come on with the light know in its 3rd position the one that turns on the gauges and the parking lights. How would I go about doing this? And if thats difficult, how do i just wire them to come on when the cars on without using a switch? Just plug and play right?

boble94

GM All The Way!
Reaction score
i'm no expert nor do i know anything about electric. so i'll give it a shot. this is what i think,

wouldn't you have to cut into the parking light wire so it'll come on when you just turn on the parking light?

its what i think, but i do not think i'm right. lol.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt, you could always use a relay and run a dedicated, fused power wire for the lights from the battery so you don't overload your light circuit, and then use your park lights/switch/etc to turn on a relay. that's what i did when i put some angel eye rings in my bmw wagon, ran a switched power off of an ignition circuit wire to pull in the relay, and ran power from the positive lug under the hood to power the rings. so you could use any source that suits your needs for the switch leg power for the relay, (ign, park lights, headlights, switch, etc.) and just t-tap into it to pull in the relay, and power the lights from a dedicated stand alone source. just my 2 cents. takes longer, but is a safe way. just fuse everything, that way if something goes awry it doesn't fry anything else.

drifter666

Reaction score
I know you could just tap into the parking light circuit and they would probably work without any issues considering they are only 55watt. Now on to some bright lights, I have a pair of Bosch-profi 210 "I think because i pulled them out of the trash" but they are 6" tall and 9" wide they use an H3 halogen bulb "$8 each at autozone" but these are freaking bright, my friend has toughs glasses that turn black in the sunlight. Well he was standing about 2 feet in front of my truck and i turned them on and his glasses tinted, this was at 10:00pm so there wasn't any sunlight. Best of all they are waterproof! Heres a link to what they look like, and a pic of how they look on my truck.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rofi+210&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1

IMAGE_127.jpg
IMG00083-20100311-1241.jpg

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, hopefully I'll do it tomorrow morning, I could really use some extra driving lights, BTW Thats a sweet ride Drifter666 no joke, its mean lookin.

drifter666

Reaction score
thanks a lot man I've tried the best i could with hardly no money. Unfortunately the thing is falling apart on me, I paid $2200 for a crank kit and new vacuum lines along with some other stuff i cant remember and it destroyed the motor, now it needs piston rings and valve seals "burns 3 quarts of oil every 100-200 miles, the truck is falling apart, i took it to a dealer for a trade in and with only walking around the outside said he would give me 500 bucks. So I'm trying to save money to buy a tahoe or yukon and I don't know what to do with my blazer.

I love your truck too man, I want my "soon to be" tahoe to look like that only thing is I would want the roof rack you have to go the whole length of the roof. I DROOL EVERY TIME I SEE YOUR FRONT BUMPER!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts