OEM z71 shock specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember that the Z71 package uses a completely different setup than the other trucks. You either get the NIVOMAT shocks or the auto-leveling with air setups. So the springs are different as well, not just the shocks.

Really doubt they ride 2" higher (if anything over 0.5" or so) than the other trucks. But again the height of the other trucks depends on the load.

OP
OP
I

ironhead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know i dont have the auto-leveling setup as i'm planning to add air bags inside the coils and have crawled under to verify a few things. it sure looks like just shocks and springs in a standard 5 link setup

thanks for the info on the .5" height difference, I know those numbers get exaggerated sometimes

edit: found a VIN decoder and found this

Suspension Package, Off-Road-inc: 1.81" (46 mm) gas shocks, off-road jounce bumpers, (NZZ) Skid Plate Package, (K47) Air cleaner, high capacity & Z71 badge
Suspension, front, independent torsion bar, & stabilizer bar
Suspension, rear, multi-link w/coil springs

looks like mine doesnt have autoride(z55), self leveling nivomat(G65), or premium smooth ride (ZW7)

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ironhead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bump

anyone replace shocks on a z71 tahoe that didnt have ride control?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10