Odd Brake light/cruise control issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austinv33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Z71 Tahoe, all three brake lights and cruise control have stopped working. I have checked all my fuses (my 60 A ABS fuse was blown, so I replaced that), I have checked for voltage at the bulb socket for the brake lights and have no voltage at either terminal with pedal depressed. The running lights and blinkers work though. Next I unplugged the connector that plugs into the junction box that is bolted next to the rear bumper on the bottom of the rear quarter panel, I believe I checked the right terminals and I am not getting a voltage change from there either.
The Issue seems to be upstream, by that I mean the front, my gut thought process is that it must be a fuse or the brake pedal switch. However I checked the voltage from the back of the pin in the connector of the switch, that when depressed shows battery voltage. So it would seem the switch is operating as it should by completing the circuit when depressed.
The only thing left I can think to do is unbolt and clean all the ground connections on that wire loom in the back and up front by the driver door.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-Austin

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes on my nbs the brake pedal switch would get turned a hair and then it wouldn't work I would just have to reach down and give it a little twist back into position

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most likely thing that happened was a blown or missing fuse for the tail lights/cruse control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645