OBX Long tube fitment issues?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my OBX long tube w/off road Y pipe. Everything was pretty easy except for now they are hitting the steering shaft..I looked around and didn't see a whole lot of fitment issues on the OBX.

The header hitting the steering column is my main concern. I have a little issue with the Y pipe. Back where it goes from 2 into 1 pipe, it has an exhaust clamp it fits crooked. Its not straight so no matter how I try to adjust it, itll always leak. I will have to take it back off and heat it up and spread it apart.

Is anyone else having the same or similar issues with their OBX headers? Ive never heard of the brand but Ive seen them around on here and people seem to like them.

1882tahoe

Reaction score
I have them also on my 03 tahoe i was going to dent them so it didn't rub. Had really bad fitment issue on the passenger side hitting the frame. I dented that side in but it still hits. As for the y pipe i was going to get some stainless band clampes and see how that does

OP
OP
skbishop90

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drivers side rubs the ribber grommet around the steering shaft where it comes out of the fire wall. I dont know how to fix this other than bending the entire pipe of the header. Anyone had this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts